Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Loss of Baby gift?
by Anonymous
February 16 at 10:13 AM

What sort of gift do you give when someone loses an infant? Flowers are the "norm" but they're 3000 miles away and I don't want to take the chance on something going wrong (crappy arrangement, etc.). I found a beautiful windchime and candle holder that I think would be nice, but I don't want to just order it online and have it shipped to them, I want to send something myself with a personalized note. I'm having the damnedest time even thinking of places I could go locally to find something. Any ideas, ladies?

Replies

• thetrollcat
    February 16 at 10:14 AM

are you talking a miscarriage here?

• imthatgirl0607
    February 16 at 10:15 AM

When my cousin lost her twins all of my aunts and uncles got together and bought her a beautiful necklace with the names on it. It was a smaller style necklace with very tiny print, sort of like a secret that they were always right there. 

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 16 at 10:15 AM

no, unfortunately (God how horrible does that sound?) 6 month old infant =\

Quoting thetrollcat:

• spooky415
    February 16 at 10:16 AM
    I would just send a kind cars with a letter expressing my support and condolences. I dont send gifts for things like that. And sometimes depending on the circumstances, I make a donation in the family's name to an appropriate organization?
  • thetrollcat

oh thats tough one.... Id just send flowers..... 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster

that's nice for the mom, yeah, but the dad, too. I was trying to think of something that would be for the both of them if possible instead of doing separate things, you know?

Quoting imthatgirl0607:

When my cousin lost her twins all of my aunts and uncles got together and bought her a beautiful necklace with the names on it. It was a smaller style necklace with very tiny print, sort of like a secret that they were always right there. 

• Opal614
    by Opal614
    February 16 at 10:17 AM
    There are some beautiful personalized things on Etsy. Just search infant loss.
  • destiny3513
    Send a card from your home and a gift from amazon.... Separate so no shipping hassle.
  • svolkov
    by svolkov
    Get a necklace with babes name/birthdate. Something she can keep close.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

• svolkov
    by svolkov
    February 16 at 10:18 AM
    You do something to comfort mom and it will help dad too. Men aren't as comforted by materiak gifts kwim?

Quoting Anonymous:

that's nice for the mom, yeah, but the dad, too. I was trying to think of something that would be for the both of them if possible instead of doing separate things, you know?

Quoting imthatgirl0607:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN