Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Loss of Baby gift?
by Anonymous
February 16 at 10:13 AM

What sort of gift do you give when someone loses an infant? Flowers are the "norm" but they're 3000 miles away and I don't want to take the chance on something going wrong (crappy arrangement, etc.). I found a beautiful windchime and candle holder that I think would be nice, but I don't want to just order it online and have it shipped to them, I want to send something myself with a personalized note. I'm having the damnedest time even thinking of places I could go locally to find something. Any ideas, ladies?

Replies

• thetrollcat
    February 16 at 10:14 AM

are you talking a miscarriage here?

• imthatgirl0607
    February 16 at 10:15 AM

When my cousin lost her twins all of my aunts and uncles got together and bought her a beautiful necklace with the names on it. It was a smaller style necklace with very tiny print, sort of like a secret that they were always right there. 

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 16 at 10:15 AM

no, unfortunately (God how horrible does that sound?) 6 month old infant =\

Quoting thetrollcat:

• spooky415
    February 16 at 10:16 AM
    I would just send a kind cars with a letter expressing my support and condolences. I dont send gifts for things like that. And sometimes depending on the circumstances, I make a donation in the family's name to an appropriate organization?
  • thetrollcat

oh thats tough one.... Id just send flowers..... 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster

that's nice for the mom, yeah, but the dad, too. I was trying to think of something that would be for the both of them if possible instead of doing separate things, you know?

Quoting imthatgirl0607:

When my cousin lost her twins all of my aunts and uncles got together and bought her a beautiful necklace with the names on it. It was a smaller style necklace with very tiny print, sort of like a secret that they were always right there. 

• Opal614
    by Opal614
    February 16 at 10:17 AM
    There are some beautiful personalized things on Etsy. Just search infant loss.
  • destiny3513
    Send a card from your home and a gift from amazon.... Separate so no shipping hassle.
  • svolkov
    by svolkov
    Get a necklace with babes name/birthdate. Something she can keep close.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting thetrollcat:

• svolkov
    by svolkov
    February 16 at 10:18 AM
    You do something to comfort mom and it will help dad too. Men aren't as comforted by materiak gifts kwim?

Quoting Anonymous:

that's nice for the mom, yeah, but the dad, too. I was trying to think of something that would be for the both of them if possible instead of doing separate things, you know?

Quoting imthatgirl0607:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts