Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
ETA. the licey kids arent sent home any more!! UPdate on tea tree oil search
by Anonymous
February 10 at 12:56 AM
My oldest dd is friends with the licey kids. If I'd known this was the crowd she'd hook on to when we moved here two years ago, we would have Never Moved Back. Eight times this school year alone. WTF is wrong with these people?!? The school nurse knows where it's coming from but has already told me her hands are tied she has to allow them to keep coming. I'm spending bukus of cash to treat hair and house and I'm sick of it. They should be forced to remove ALL their kids from school till they are all lice free for two weeks.

Edit to Add... Look y'all, I am not going to go to a person that has already been told several times by the school nurse she and her family has lice and offer to treat her house and hair. They KNOW they have lice, they CHOOSE to do nothing about it. It is not wrong to want your child to stay away from another child that constantly has head lice. I have never been rude to this kid and I'm not trying to "outcast" her. I just don't want her lice coming home and becoming our lice AGAIN!

Update on Tea Tree Oil Search.....
I looked for that all over town today. Not a single store had it. Small town. :-/ But I got lucky at the local IGA where I always shop! Sometimes you can talk to the manager for "specialty ideas" and he agreed to look and see if he can order some on his next shipment that comes in Thursday!!
And my sister had a blow dryer to loan me long term! Hoorah!

Thanks for all the helpful home remedy ideas and tips, a lot I'd never heard of! I'll have plenty to pass around now.

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    February 10 at 12:57 AM
    They say its a Social, not Health issue.
  • Supervane
    February 10 at 12:58 AM
    Shouldn't they be reporting frequent lice infestations...? As it could be a sign of neglect or unsanitary living conditions.
  • Anonymous 1
    February 10 at 12:58 AM
    I say its horrible to allow children to wallow in parasites.
  • -_-
    by -_-
    February 10 at 12:59 AM
    Put tea tree oil in your kid's shampoo.
  • Anonymous 1
    February 10 at 1:00 AM
    I try not to preach because i dont want to drive her to play more with her. But she wont stop playing with this kid!!!
  • abrine7673
    February 10 at 1:00 AM
    Ewwww!!!! My dd dealt with it all summer until my mom and I yelled at my sister. (My niece was infested and sis would only treat her hair then tell us she was clear and a week later giving dd a bath I would find one) we almost had to stop going there.
    I feel for you
  • abrine7673
    February 10 at 1:01 AM
    Oh. Try lice shield and make sure to braid dds hair every day.
  • abrine7673
    February 10 at 1:02 AM
    Make sure you look up how to properly use tea tree oil first. You can cause some problems if you use it too much.

Quoting -_-: Put tea tree oil in your kid's shampoo.
  • Anonymous 1
    February 10 at 1:03 AM
    According to the school nurse and she showd me the paperwork, lice isnt considered a health issue anymore so its not considered a "mandated issue to report" anymore.

Quoting Supervane: Shouldn't they be reporting frequent lice infestations...? As it could be a sign of neglect or unsanitary living conditions.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    February 10 at 1:05 AM

Your kid is probably the dirty kid at school since lice lives in clean heads.lol

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts