Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Would you allow your DS to paint his nails?
by Anonymous
February 6, 2014 at 10:20 AM

My DD is 4 and loves to have her nails painted. Everytime I do my DS who is 2 always asks to have his nails painted. I usually paint either 1 nail or his toenails. If I do allow him to have his nails painted my MIL always give me hell for it and acts like I'm trying to turn him gay. To me he is 2 and doesnt understand yet that painting your nails is usually something girls do. If he was in school I'd probably be more hesitant to do it but at his age I don't see it as a big deal. What do you think?

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    February 6, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Of  course. It's nail polish. I'd paint his fingers and toes. I'd do it even if he was in school.

Your MIL is wrong, obviously.

• katydid150
    February 6, 2014 at 10:21 AM

DS loves when I paint his nails (I usually do one or two) because he is sharing something with me. There is nothing wrong with it 

• sburger315
    February 6, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Sure! I just painted my DS's nails yesterday. He saw mommy and sissy doing it and he wanted to be a part of it. We aren't going anywhere and it will come off fast. 

• Fulgent.Drinker
    February 6, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Yes.  He does, many boys do now days.

• AutymsMommy
    February 6, 2014 at 10:24 AM
    No
  • EntrepeneurMom
    February 6, 2014 at 10:24 AM
    He's asked but changed his mind as he didn't like the feeling of it
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    February 6, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Yes. Anytime I paint my DD's, my DS wants his nails painted. He likes yellow. 

• MzD3
    by MzD3
    February 6, 2014 at 10:25 AM

No

• happymomma13
    February 6, 2014 at 10:27 AM
    No. I would not paint my son's nails...
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    February 6, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Well my 3yr old son has purple nails right now so I think that means I'm ok with it :) I was doing my nails and my daughter asked to have hers done so I did them. When my son saw his sisters nails he asked for his to be done too; but he was disappointed I didn't have orange nail polish.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts