Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Too expensive for a 3 year old?!?!
by Anonymous
February 6 at 8:43 AM

My dd turns three at the end of the month. I want to get her a doll house. When she turned 1 we got her the Fisher Price My first doll house. She doesn't play with it anymore. For her birthday last year we got her the Little People Disney princess castle. She plays with it once in a while. She does play with toys that my oldest passed down to her like Polly Pockets and Littlest PetShop. So I thought maybe I'll get her one of the houses and a family from Calico Critters. She doesn't put things in her mouth anymore so small pieces aren't a big deal.

I showed DH online and he said that it's a bit expensive for a 3 year old. (Target does have a knock off brand Lil Woodzeez) I talked to my friends and none of them have bought any Callico Critters. I'd like opinions from people who acctually bought them. Did your kids play with them often? Is the quality good? Is it worth the money? The Target brand ones are almost half the price but the families aren't as cute. I have my heart set on getting her the cow family.

http://international-playthings.shptron.com/c/calico-critters

Replies

• LokisMama
    February 6 at 8:44 AM

Those are adorable!

I've never bought them, but I just had to comment.

Bump!

• thenameshailie
    February 6 at 8:45 AM
    Ive never heard of those before, but they are so cute.
  • Mom-to-2kids

thats what i plan on getting my DD next christmas :) she turns 2 this week, so i figured by christmas she will be perfect age! from people i know that have them they said they are good quality and worth the $$

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster

The Lil Woodzeez site

http://woodzeez.com/

• LoriLou75
    They aren't that expensive at all. You can get a house and family for under $100.
  • MrsDavidB25

My DDhas tons of Clico Critters and the house and treehouse. She loves them. But yes it was every bit of $300.

• WillowRayne
    February 6 at 8:46 AM
    I had boys. :)
  • YuppyMom
    February 6 at 8:47 AM

They are actually cheap compared to the type toys I bouhgt my kids at that age.  I'm not a big fan of cheap plastic toys, but these are okay.  I have some experience with them. *shrug*

• lexiloo714
    February 6 at 8:48 AM
    I think they are adorable! I was so tempted to buy the hedgehog family for DD but she's only 7 months so I reluctantly decided against it
  • JC2223
    by JC2223
    February 6 at 8:50 AM

I just bought a bunch of Calico Critters and houses for my DD this past Christmas. She's been asking for them for 3 years but I always thought they were too expensive. She just turned 10 and I figured I'm running out of time where she will want to play with toys, so I finally bought them. She LOVES them and plays with them everyday. The money was worth it considering her excitement over finally getting them.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN