Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
IamMex11
I'm sexy and I know it.
January 31 at 6:11 AM

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/woman-asks-judge-change-her-name-sexy/nc7CR/

Ranea Crabtree wants to change because she can’t stomach her given name “I absolutely hate it, I think it’s really ugly.”

The name she despises is Sheila.

Ranea is her middle name, she’s been known by it since she was young. But that isn’t floating her boat these days either so next month Crabtree will ask a judge to allow her to legally change her first name to Sexy.

“I wear Victoria’s Secret clothes all the time,” Crabtree told the Columbus-Dispatch. “I was like, ‘Shoot, I’ll just go for Sexy.’”

The mother of two teenagers even has a fallback plan if Judge Robert Hoover says no.

If that happens, she’s considering asking for “Sparkle.”

The paper says there have been 1,600 name changes granted since 2012 when petitioners showed “reasonable and proper cause” for the switch.

Most were pretty normal but there were a couple of eye openers.

Derrill is now Pepper and Rubbie moved to Ruby. Then there was Clyde who switched to Genghis and Dashia who went royal with Princess Tiffany.

But Judge Hoover isn’t a rubber stamp. He said no to a woman who wanted to ditch her nickname B.J. and instead use Winnie Pooh.

Replies

• whohasmyname
    January 31 at 6:16 AM

i hate that name too

• AjCeCeMom
    January 31 at 6:17 AM
    Her kids must be mortified.
  • whohasmyname

also she is a dumb ass for wanting her first name to be sexy 

Damn people are so fucking stupid

• IamMex11

which Sheila or Sexy?

Quoting whohasmyname:

i hate that name too

• IamMex11
    January 31 at 6:18 AM

i pray the judge doesn't grant it

Quoting AjCeCeMom: Her kids must be mortified.

• whohasmyname
    January 31 at 6:19 AM

Sheila, but damn  sexy is no better if not worse.  

Okay its worse, but I know a old hag named sheila who thinks she knows all about raising kids when she never had any of her own.  I could go on, but dont have all day. 

Quoting IamMex11:

which Sheila or Sexy?

Quoting whohasmyname:

i hate that name too

• tlcory
    by tlcory
    January 31 at 6:20 AM

Hey OP, you live in Atlanta don't you? Did you get stuck on the road the other day?  My DH did, it took him 21 hours to get home! 

• Mrs-Somerhalder
    January 31 at 6:21 AM

When I worked in a call center for hospital systems, I had a woman call in to reset her password. Her name? Sparkle Moore. LOL

• mlg1989
    by mlg1989
    January 31 at 6:25 AM
    Uhhh.....

0___o
  • IamMex11
    January 31 at 6:27 AM

If my dh didn't know a short cut from where he was when things started to look bad he would have been stuck also.

When i got the call that the elementary school was closing at 1:30 I left right away.  If I hadn't who knows...kids sleeping at schools, I would have walked to the school.  It's been crazy but thankfully I wasn't really affected.  I feel for those that were stuck for hours with babies in their cars with no food or water (or diapers)

News just reported that a young girl has to have her leg amputated because she was helping move the family car and there was an accident.

How did your husband react after all that time? you must have been worried sick!

Quoting tlcory:

Hey OP, you live in Atlanta don't you? Did you get stuck on the road the other day?  My DH did, it took him 21 hours to get home! 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts