Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
We don't condone coupon fraud.
by Anonymous
January 25 at 1:23 AM

This is what I was told tonight when I went out to shop. Yes, I coupon. Do I follow the rules of the coupon? By the damn book I do! That's why I have to do so many transactions!

I go to this store all the time, and all the cashiers out there know me. Several of them love it when I come through, because we will try to guess how low my total is going to be ( even though I have figured out, the cashiers always like to make a bet that I missed something, and it might be lower, or a bit higher ). I have had issues with cashiers in the past that would get mad because of my coupons, and refuse to take them, but when a manager came by, they changed their attitudes quickly.

I had a good sized cart full of items that I needed. I got up to the registers, and didn't even really look to see whose line I got in. I just got in the shortest one ( hell I was tired! lol ). I got the majority of my stuff on the belt, and looked up to say hello to the cashier. She was already on her phone at the register, and not long after some man came up, and was giving me the Evil Eye. I said hello to both of them, and the Evil Eye dude asked to see my coupons. I showed my binder to him, and explained that I had a couple different transactions, that way I would be able to use all the coupons, but still be able to abide by the 4-per-transaction limit that each one had on it. He slammed my binder shut, dropped it in my now empty cart, and told me that they weren't going to be able to do any of my orders! I asked why, and told them that I have never had an issue with my coupons, and that they were for legit items that I had, and showed him a couple of them ( I had some Pantene with some $1 off one coupons, and some $1.50 off Reach toothbrushes , and I had regular Reach toothbrushes! ). He refused to look at them, and told me flat out to my face that :

I'm sorry, but we do NOT * he emphasized that word * condone coupon fraud. You can purchase the items, but you will not be allowed to  use your coupons. It is too many, even with separate transactions.

He stood there looking at me like I was a purple headed, yellow striped, pink polka dotted dino! He got called away a few seconds later, and the cashier looked at me with the most hateful  look, and said :

Oh wow.....you'll actually have to pay full price for something!!!! Such a shock, isn't it?!

I simply picked up my binder, put the coupons back in it that I had shown the dickheaded manager, turned to the cashier, and said in the sweetest, sappiest voice that I could muster :

No....what is such a shock is going to be people watching you actually working, because guess what? You're going to have so much fun putting all this stuff back on the shelves.

And I walked out, Without my stuff. Because, apparently, using coupons the way they are supposed to be use, is now considered coupon fraud. I still can't understand it.....I go to this store all the freaking time, and have never had an issue!!!! I have even called ahead a couple times, and spoke with a manager because I had so many coupons. I was told that as long as I abide by the coupon and the stores coupon policy, I will be fine. And now this......

What would you have done?

Replies

• xcrystal88
    January 25 at 1:27 AM

I would have done the same thing! I coupon as well and I follow the rules but there are soo many people out there that are committing coupon fraud and ruining it for us that do it the right way! It isnt fair! 

• xoch86
    by xoch86
    January 25 at 1:27 AM

Asked for a manager, and depending how that went, called corporate

• brianard90
    January 25 at 1:29 AM
    Exactly what you did. Then contact corporate.
  • LovlyRita
    January 25 at 1:30 AM
    I would simply take my business to another store.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 25 at 1:31 AM

Isnt that why you should bring extra people with you for the transactions?

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster

I'm glad I'm not alone then. I love my couponing, and being a single mom, it's how I've been able to get a slight safety net of money built up over the past year or so I've been couponing. I'm not as stressed about money, and I can breathe a little easier.

Quoting xcrystal88:

I would have done the same thing! I coupon as well and I follow the rules but there are soo many people out there that are committing coupon fraud and ruining it for us that do it the right way! It isnt fair! 

• TheSilence
    I would call corporate. I would tell them that you were treated horribly wrong and that if something didn't happen you would take your business elsewhere.
    The store isn't losing out with using coupons. They recoup that from the company.
  • deadlights86
    I'd call corporate anyway.

Quoting xoch86:

Asked for a manager, and depending how that went, called corporate

• TheSilence
    January 25 at 1:32 AM
    Why? I've bought stuff for friends or family and had desperate transactions. It's not a huge deal.

Quoting Anonymous:

Isnt that why you should bring extra people with you for the transactions?

• littlesippycup
    January 25 at 1:33 AM

Good. You don't NEED 80 bottles of shampoo.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN