Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
texansmommy
Are you supposed to wear black to a funeral?
January 24 at 11:52 PM
My grandma's funeral is tomorrow and I don't really have anything black to wear that is nice-looking and warm. How important is it really that you wear black to a funeral? Is it a big deal?

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    January 24 at 11:54 PM
    Imo, no, as long as the outfit is dark
  • KairisMama
    January 24 at 11:55 PM

No. Just dress nice. I am wearing a dark pink dress shirt and black slacks to my grandma's funeral tomorrow.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 24 at 11:55 PM
    You dont have too. I would wear her favorite color if you have something like that to wear. Depending on if the funeral is inside or outside wear what you will becomfortable in.
  • rosie211
    January 24 at 11:56 PM
    I always have. I froze my ass off at the most recent funeral though. I would suggest any dark clothes that are warm.

bump for more opinions
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    January 24 at 11:57 PM
    Depends on what country you live.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    January 25 at 12:03 AM
    Black or dark gray if you can. My BFF wore a dark blue to my dad's funeral a few months ago and stood out. Her dress was cut but she was self-conscious about how much she stood out.
  • texansmommy
    January 25 at 12:03 AM
    USA
  • MixedCooke
    January 25 at 2:10 AM

not really, heck white is considered the funeral colors of the Chinese.  Some people dont want people to wear black but a dark color is generally preferable.

• Freela
    by Freela
    January 25 at 2:12 AM

I'm sorry for your loss.  I don't think that black is necessary.  I would just wear something nice, like something you could wear in a nice office without looking out of place. 

• wooly
    by wooly
    January 25 at 2:14 AM

Navy Blue will work too. Just something dark & not frilly.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN