Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
texansmommy
Are you supposed to wear black to a funeral?
January 24 at 11:52 PM
My grandma's funeral is tomorrow and I don't really have anything black to wear that is nice-looking and warm. How important is it really that you wear black to a funeral? Is it a big deal?

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 24 at 11:54 PM
    Imo, no, as long as the outfit is dark
  • KairisMama
    January 24 at 11:55 PM

No. Just dress nice. I am wearing a dark pink dress shirt and black slacks to my grandma's funeral tomorrow.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 24 at 11:55 PM
    You dont have too. I would wear her favorite color if you have something like that to wear. Depending on if the funeral is inside or outside wear what you will becomfortable in.
  • rosie211
    January 24 at 11:56 PM
    I always have. I froze my ass off at the most recent funeral though. I would suggest any dark clothes that are warm.

bump for more opinions
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 24 at 11:57 PM
    Depends on what country you live.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 25 at 12:03 AM
    Black or dark gray if you can. My BFF wore a dark blue to my dad's funeral a few months ago and stood out. Her dress was cut but she was self-conscious about how much she stood out.
  • texansmommy
    January 25 at 12:03 AM
    USA
  • MixedCooke
    January 25 at 2:10 AM

not really, heck white is considered the funeral colors of the Chinese.  Some people dont want people to wear black but a dark color is generally preferable.

• Freela
    by Freela
    January 25 at 2:12 AM

I'm sorry for your loss.  I don't think that black is necessary.  I would just wear something nice, like something you could wear in a nice office without looking out of place. 

• wooly
    by wooly
    January 25 at 2:14 AM

Navy Blue will work too. Just something dark & not frilly.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts