Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Cafe Steph
Do you feel like you asked your spouse the right questions before you got married?
January 23 at 11:21 AM

Do you feel like you asked your spouse the right questions before you got married?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 68% - Yes- There have been no surprises!
  2. 31% - No- I can’t believe the things I didn’t know about my spouse!

Replies

• Blooming_Lotus
    January 23 at 11:23 AM
    I did. We covered everything *very* well before marriage.
  • bamababe1975
    January 23 at 11:26 AM

We were best friends before we wed, so he hasn't surprised me with anything yet, lol.

• weaveress
    January 23 at 11:28 AM

so many things that i wish we had discusses: his idea of success. his parenting style. where we really wanted to live. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 23 at 11:33 AM
    I asked the right questions and got the right answers. Too bad he was only telling me what I wanted to hear....
  • happynewyorker

I know in my marriage which is now dissolved by Divorice.  I never thought to ask my husband at the time if he was married in the past or had children.  He only came out and told me because when I spoke to his sister about us getting married I was surprised that his parents weren't going to come to his only son's wedding.  He came clean after a month over the phone.  That he was married once before and then 5 days later that he was married 2wice before. He never told me about owing money and having several judgments out against him.  He spoke about his second wife all the time when we were married.  He still reminds me that he has never married in a church.  What ever that means. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    Yeah, we did. But obviously things and choices can change. Especially when your confronted. You can talk all day long but there is a difference between what you think you'd do in a situation and what you actually do. I realized that with mine about our relationship.
  • SpiritedWitch
    January 23 at 11:34 AM

Despite what many people think (my family), we had talked a lot before we got married. I knew more about his beliefs, family and childhood than I could remember about my own. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 23 at 11:34 AM

it didnt occur to me to ask or look into certain things. I had to deal with some things when they came up, as the didnt exist to ask about in some cases until after wards.

• teal.blaze
    January 23 at 11:36 AM

There should be an "other" option. You see, I asked all the right questions, but there have been way too many surprises for comfort, because he lied about all the answers.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 23 at 11:36 AM

sadly for some peope that are high strung or insecure or cant handle the truth, you kinda have to about some things. Its wherre that phrase "choose your battles" comes into play

Quoting Anonymous: I asked the right questions and got the right answers. Too bad he was only telling me what I wanted to hear....

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts