Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Crazy-a** tantrums....need advice desperately
by Anonymous
January 21 at 5:12 PM

My first son, my oldest, is two and has started to have some really awful tantrums, this latest one he banged his head against the crib, and kicked and screamed so loud on the floor for almost 20 minutes.  I'm not sure if this is normal or not.  I filmed part of it so I can show the pediatrician, but in the meantime I'm worried and a bit bummed.  DH and I are good, loving parents, I can't figure this out.  Not sure if this is normal or not.

Replies

• suzanneyea
    January 21 at 5:14 PM

How often? Why?

my son can throw a total fit, but not everyday.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 21 at 5:14 PM

Normal.   Kids this age (hence the term "terrible twos")can't talk like the rest of us.  So instead they throw fits.  I would still show the DR your video in case.  Hang in there!

• BrownEyedGirl86
    January 21 at 5:15 PM

I would think its normal - when he calms down talk to him and tell him how silly he looks maybe even show him the video- I have an almost 2 year old she is my second, and i tell her all the time - you can throw a fit if you would like but mommy is going to finish doing_____...so she doesn't get any attention when she acts like that

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    January 21 at 5:16 PM

It's been a few times this week, these terrible ones it varies.  I'm honestly not sure what set him off.  I think he was tired.  I picked him up from preschool at noon and then in the car he just freaked out.  Was kicking and screaming as I got him in his carseat.....the ride home was only a mile but it felt like forever.

Quoting suzanneyea:

How often? Why?

• Anonymous
    January 21 at 5:17 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Normal.   Kids this age (hence the term "terrible twos")can't talk like the rest of us.  So instead they throw fits.  I would still show the DR your video in case.  Hang in there!

Thanks Mama, this makes me feel better.

• suzanneyea
    January 21 at 5:18 PM

To start, he is probably too young for pre school.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's been a few times this week, these terrible ones it varies.  I'm honestly not sure what set him off.  I think he was tired.  I picked him up from preschool at noon and then in the car he just freaked out.  Was kicking and screaming as I got him in his carseat.....the ride home was only a mile but it felt like forever.

Quoting suzanneyea:

How often? Why?

• Anonymous
    January 21 at 5:18 PM

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

I would think its normal - when he calms down talk to him and tell him how silly he looks maybe even show him the video- I have an almost 2 year old she is my second, and i tell her all the time - you can throw a fit if you would like but mommy is going to finish doing_____...so she doesn't get any attention when she acts like that

I've tried ignoring him, but I am so amazed how long he can go.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 21 at 5:19 PM
    My dd did that at two. I would put her in my room ( because there is no toys) shut the door and walk away. She would either cry herself to sleep or come out on about an hour being all lovey dove. At first she would come out and cry bit I would just walk her back to my room every time and tell her not to come out until she was done.
  • Anonymous
    January 21 at 5:20 PM

Quoting suzanneyea:

To start, he is probably too young for pre school.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting suzanneyea:

How often? Why?

It's not preschool, he loves it there.  He only goes 2x a week for three hours a day and he's very happy there.  He gets excited when I drop him off because he loves it.  I wouldn't send him if I didn't think it was beneficial or he didn't want to go.

• iamcafemom83
    January 21 at 5:21 PM
    Terrible two's!! The time when a tantrum can occur for just about any reason.

I would put mine in their room and let them chill out. I would walk away. Sitting there and trying to reason with a 2 yo is pointless.
    If it happens in public. ....just pack up and leave.

Good luck.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts