Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
over40bride
Help! What kind of toys should I get?
January 15 at 6:43 PM

We are having my hubby's entire family over for dinner Saturday. We have dinner all planned out but I haven't had small kids in my home in a very long time. There will be 18 kids ranging from newborn to age 17.

I was thinking coloring books and Nerf footballs. Plus my DD has an obscene amount of dress up clothes that I had collected for her when she was about 8 or 9. (I had bought used dance costumes and prom dresses on ebay)

Any ideas ladies? TIA!

Replies

• SweetPoison
    January 15 at 6:45 PM

Maybe get some blocks and hotwheels. Those are cheap! Have fun!! Oh if you have  thirft store maybe hit it up for some cheap used toys!

• Jodee24
    by Jodee24
    January 15 at 6:47 PM
    Legos! Some are a expensive but you can find cheaper ones. All kids love Legos
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 15 at 6:49 PM
    I would get a bounce house.
  • isaiahsmom321
    See if you can find any family board games on sale! Clue sorry or uni are great for younger kids and the older ones
  • isaiahsmom321
    See if you can find any family board games on sale! Clue sorry or uni are great for younger kids and the older ones
  • over40bride
    January 15 at 6:53 PM

Great idea but I think my yard is too small.

Quoting Anonymous: I would get a bounce house.

• over40bride
    January 15 at 6:54 PM

Great ideas! Thank you.

Quoting SweetPoison:

Maybe get some blocks and hotwheels. Those are cheap! Have fun!! Oh if you have  thirft store maybe hit it up for some cheap used toys!

• lucky2Beeme
    January 15 at 6:54 PM

Looks on your towns FB virtual yard sale. I bet you could find all kinds of fun games and toys.  reg deck of cards or Card games, board games,. If you have an iphone you can download "head up" its great for all ages. Along with some of the free group games.

• over40bride
    January 15 at 6:55 PM

YES! How could I forget Lego's. Thanks.

Quoting Jodee24: Legos! Some are a expensive but you can find cheaper ones. All kids love Legos

• Rebecca7708
    January 15 at 6:56 PM
    You could always ask them to bring some of their own toys, since you don't have small children. Also, get bubbles! Kids love bubbles! Your back yard is super cute, by the way!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts