Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Store clerks correcting kids?
by Anonymous
December 28, 2013 at 2:07 PM

I had to take my kids to a boutique today to exchange some of my elderly mother's presents. The place was a zoo and the exchanges were taking a long time. My boys (6 and 3) were running around in the not busy area that had woman's swim suits. 

A store clerk went over to them, even though I was 10 feet away and had been talking to them, and said "where's your parents? Stop running right now!" and glared at them. I went and got them, losing my place in line and asked her to please address me with any issues regarding my children. She just looked at me and said "fine, please make sure your children don't run, since it's inappropriate and disturbing other customers" and walked off.

I asked to speak to the owner, and apparently that's the owner's daughter. What do you think? Was she out of line in speaking to them?

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 28, 2013 at 2:08 PM
    No... She was not out of line. You were because your kids should have not been running around like that. Keep them under control or keep them at home.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 28, 2013 at 2:09 PM
    No. You were out of line letting your children run around the store. They don't need to be crazy just because you didn't want to watch them in line
  • suzanneyea

I would have apologized to her. How embarrassing that a stranger had to step in.

• quinnsmom715

if your kids had gotten hurt,i bet you would have raised a stink..

• KairisMama
    December 28, 2013 at 2:10 PM
    Your kids were running and you speaking to them wasn't stopping it. I can't say I blame the store clerk.
  • dmarie2101

no, control your heathens.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    What was she supposed to do? Yell out "whose kids are these?" while trying to find who they belonged to?

Watch your own kids, then she wouldn't have had to say anything.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    You shouldn't have been letting your kids run around.
  • Gardeningmom4
    I suggest you keep your kids in line amd since she didn't know where you where there is nothing wrong with corrrecting them since obviously you weren't going to.
  • Sbellemommy
    No. It's their store.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts