Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I think my DD is being abused.
by Anonymous
December 27, 2013 at 9:00 AM
My DD has always been a.sweet, outgoing, caring girl. But ever since she started dating her current boyfriend she has been a recluse almost. She bearly talks to me and when she does shes always looking away or anxious or something. Ive noticed bruises on her face but when I ask her about them she gets angry and says its nothing mom I was being clumsy. Shes been dating this new guy for about three months now and daily her whole.... everything that makes her HER is just fading. I tried talking to her and she told me shes an adult and can handle herself. She is 19 and lives with me while shes in college so I cant really force her to break up with him its not like shes 13 or something. I just miss my little girl. Does anyone know of ways I can try bringing this up without her shutting down?

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 27, 2013 at 9:07 AM

leave some pamphlets for her in her room on domestic violence

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 27, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Tell her you've noticed a big change in her since the bf, and as long as she's in your house, she is to follow your house rules, which includes,  NOT seeing men who put unexplained bruises on her.  Put your foot down--you might save her life

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    December 27, 2013 at 9:08 AM
    Would those really do anything?

Quoting Anonymous:

• Sparklepants747
    December 27, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Have a conversation with her just letting her know that if she ever needs help with anything, even though she's an adult, you are her mother and will always help her and be on her side. 

• Bethsunshine
    December 27, 2013 at 9:09 AM

This! Good luck!

Quoting Anonymous:

Tell her you've noticed a big change in her since the bf, and as long as she's in your house, she is to follow your house rules, which includes,  NOT seeing men who put unexplained bruises on her.  Put your foot down--you might save her life

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 27, 2013 at 9:10 AM

you won't know unless you try....also try calling a women's center and tell them what you've written here, and see if they have an advice for you

Quoting Anonymous: Would those really do anything?

Quoting Anonymous:

• sweetmelissa777
    Oh no! This has to end now before it gets worse! The last thing you want is her moving in with or having a kid with this a**hole!
    Im not sure how to bring it up. Perhaps sit down and let het know that no matter what she has going on in her life, that you will always love her and be there for her. And that you would never judge her or be angry with her.
    She needs to know you are there for her no matter what. You should tell her that and make it clear you are.
    Honestly, I dont know how Id react. Id want to lock her in her room and tell her she couldn't see this guy....but...she is 19. That probably wouldn't work
  • Alyssasmommy412

Ask her flat out if he has laid his hands on her, her face will probably give it away if he has. Tell her that its not alright for anyone to put their hands on another person for any reason and if someone resorts to hitting them its not love, its them trying to be controlling. 

• buttercup627
    December 27, 2013 at 9:12 AM
    Of she might leave her safe home to be with him. Abusive men will capitalize on this kind of move by a parent then the girl will be screwed

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    December 27, 2013 at 9:12 AM
    What if she says fine ill go live with him hes 27 and has his own place

Quoting Bethsunshine:

This! Good luck!

Quoting Anonymous:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts