Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
momto2crazykids
what would you think if you got flowers on your first date?
December 26, 2013 at 5:34 AM

my nephew is going on a first date with a woman he met online, i told him to take her some flowers and hubby said no, that is was to early for this and that it would set the bar to where she would expect flowers all the time and that it was old fashioned and that women don't take to it anymore. ladies who is right, my hubby or me? pls help ok now hubby is saying that its not a real first date, she invited him over to her house and she is going to cook him dinner, should he still show up with flowers?

Replies

• danigirlglow
    December 26, 2013 at 5:36 AM
    You are. My husband brought me flowers on our first real date.
  • Sunshine257
    December 26, 2013 at 5:37 AM
    I think he should bring flowers that is a nice gesture old fashion or not I would have appreciated it.
  • black_rose19
    December 26, 2013 at 5:40 AM
    I've gotten flowers on a first date, I thought it was so sweet.
  • copperked
    December 26, 2013 at 6:01 AM
    If he is going to her house and she us cooking for him, that definitely requires flowers and possibly a bottle of wine or a nice dessert. Whether your husband considers it a date or not, the woman is hosting in her own home and a gentleman brings a token of appreciation to such things.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    December 26, 2013 at 6:06 AM
    I'd consider that more of a hostess gift.
  • readyforhim
    December 26, 2013 at 6:07 AM

he should bring something since she is cooking, desert or flowers, whatever he is comfortable with.

• ReaIisticBeauty
    December 26, 2013 at 6:16 AM
    Well since he's going to her home, yes. If they were meeting up outside somewhere, I would've said no flowers.
  • JennPearce
    December 26, 2013 at 6:17 AM
    I think bringing flowers is a very kind & thoughtful gesture!
  • Jblb
    by Jblb
    December 26, 2013 at 6:18 AM
    Yes flowers!!!
  • MrsDavidB25
    December 26, 2013 at 6:18 AM

He definitely should, especially since he is going to her home. Your dh sounds like the types we hear on here that do nothing considerate for their wives. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts