Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
momto1ryen
This new debate confuses me! Edit- follow up question
December 23, 2013 at 11:28 PM
So lately on my morning shows I've been seeing there is a big debate on whether or not its rude to ask your guests to take off their shoes when they come in your house. I'm curious on thoughts.

For those who say its rude and its uncomfortable not to wear shoes, then would iuyt make sense to keep a pohair of house shoes with you? Then you can have shoes, but not ones that have been worn outside in dirt, snow etc?
For those who say it isn't rude, do you provide booties or new socks for your guests?

Replies

• almondpigeon
    December 23, 2013 at 11:29 PM
    I think its super rude.
  • LuckyLady0427
    December 23, 2013 at 11:29 PM

unless they paid for my floors, then i expect them off! I always mention for them to leave their shoes by the door, but quickly follow by asking them if theyd like anything to drink as not to sound too rude.

• Caidysmom
    December 23, 2013 at 11:30 PM
    We dont wear our shoes indoors, but don't ask guests to take them off either..
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 23, 2013 at 11:30 PM

its rude to go to someones home and not follow their rules of the house.

• DeeMD82
    by DeeMD82
    December 23, 2013 at 11:31 PM

It shouldn't be a debate.  If you go to someone's house and they ask you to take your shoes off then you take your shoes off.  My house, My Rules kinda thing.  

My sister's kids take their shoes off when they enter a house.  That's just the way they were raised though.  I don't have carpet anywhere so I don't really care.  

• The.Last.Rebel

Idk, I don't care either way at my house, and I hate wearing shoes so I'd love if someone requested I did lol.

I guess I could see it as rude if they wouldn't let you in if you didn't. You never know who has bad foot odor.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    Where i come from you don't have to ask they already do it.
  • Freela
    by Freela

I'm in Canada, it's just kind of a thing here that you take off your shoes when you come in.  Once I had a backyard party in the summer and kept telling people to just leave their shoes on to walk straight through to the back deck, and most of them wouldn't even do it then!

• PPCLC
    by PPCLC

I cringe every time someone walks in our door and still has their shoes on, and because of what they drag into the home with the bottom of their shoes.

However, unless they are close friends or family, I show polite restraint and tolerate it.

• meaganmac
    December 23, 2013 at 11:32 PM
    The whole shoes in the house thing is bizarre to me. It's so dirty and gross. When my MIL is visiting, when it's time to go she puts her shoes on and then comes back into the living room to hug and kiss the kids. Every single time. And every time I ask her not to. The nastiness that gets tracked in on shoes/boots makes me cringe.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts