Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
My DD is spending x-mas with her boyfriend and his family instead of us
by Anonymous
December 22, 2013 at 10:12 AM

and I can't help but feel sad. It is going to be the first year that we are not all together. I mean I knew it was going to happen eventually that they would not always be her for christmas but I still can't help but feel sad. His family lives two states over so they are driving there to see them. Last year they were with us so I know it is only fair but I am still sad. 

Replies

• bluebunnybabe
    December 22, 2013 at 10:13 AM
    Sorry. You're right though, it does happen. Hopefully they can alternate holidays.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 22, 2013 at 10:13 AM

How old is your daughter?  If she is an adult, then this makes sense.  If she's not though, then I would not be very happy.

• suzanneyea
    December 22, 2013 at 10:14 AM

How old is she?

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 22, 2013 at 10:14 AM
    I'm sure my mom is feeling like that this year. We're packing dd up and heading to SC to spend Christmas with the in-laws. We've always gone to my mom's house for Christmas, this will be the first year ever not going at all.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 22, 2013 at 10:15 AM

aww thats sad, but yes all mommies need to prepare themselves, eventually their kids will do the same.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster

She is 19 

Quoting Anonymous:

How old is your daughter?  If she is an adult, then this makes sense.  If she's not though, then I would not be very happy.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster

Quoting suzanneyea:

How old is she?

• romalove

My 17 year old is struggling with this.  She told her boyfriend (also 17) that the only thing she wanted for Christmas was to spend at least part of Christmas with him.  Both families visit grandparents.  They are trying to juggle spending time with their own families as well as spending time together.

I am hopeful they will spend some here and some there.

• Christy644
    December 22, 2013 at 10:16 AM
    It changes when they grow up. My oldest moved away two years ago. He rarely is able to make it here for holidays. It sucks not having him but I know he's making his own traditions. Funny tho, this year his fiance is.spending Christmas with us but he is not. He can't get time off from work and she lives here by us. She hasn't moved to his town yet. Hopefully the.ipvomibg holidays bring new family gatherings!
  • Missdameanor
    December 22, 2013 at 10:16 AM

It will make next Christmas even more special when she spends it with your family. Hugs mama

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts