Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
ashleynm85
When Do You Announce Your Pregnancy?
December 14, 2013 at 11:02 PM

I have heard a lot of women saying that it's not acceptable to announce your pregnancy when you find out?  I have never understood this.

I hear about the risk of miscarraige.  Ok.  Well if I were to miscarry, I would need the support of others.  It's not something I could go through alone.  

I found out and then I told everyone the next day.  I was 6 weeks (i'm 21 weeks now and no problems).  How long did you wait and why? 

Replies

• AF2011
    by AF2011
    December 14, 2013 at 11:04 PM
    I'll always wait until i hit the 12 week mark.
  • ashleynm85
    December 14, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Why?

Quoting AF2011: I'll always wait until i hit the 12 week mark.

• RoseWildflower
    December 14, 2013 at 11:06 PM
    I would wait 3 months. Thats just me though because of the risk of a miscarriage. If I ever have one I would want to keep it to my DH and I. I just think its too private for everyone to know. Also, I wouldn't want to make everyone excited only to tell them about the miscarriage later.

But thats just me.
  • TheDrsRose

My mom was in the room when I found out the first time and the second time I told her the next day.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1

1st time i was 19 and told right away. 2nd time i was 25 and told my mom right away, miscarried the next day. this time, i waited until i was 13 weeks to tell my mom and 16 weeks to tell everyone else. i understand the whole needing support thing but when i miscarried...i didn't want to talk to anyone let alone have to tell a bunch of people and hear all the bs they would say to try and make me feel better. i just didn't want to hear it....it didn't help, just made me mad and even more sad. to each their own though.

• ashleynm85
    December 14, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I can understand that.

Quoting Anonymous:

1st time i was 19 and told right away. 2nd time i was 25 and told my mom right away, miscarried the next day. this time, i waited until i was 13 weeks to tell my mom and 16 weeks to tell everyone else. i understand the whole needing support thing but when i miscarried...i didn't want to talk to anyone let alone have to tell a bunch of people and hear all the bs they would say to try and make me feel better. i just didn't want to hear it....it didn't help, just made me mad and even more sad. to each their own though.

• AF2011
    by AF2011
    December 14, 2013 at 11:08 PM
    Because of the risk of miscarriage.

Quoting ashleynm85:

Why?

• ashleynm85
    December 14, 2013 at 11:08 PM

I have never miscarried and neither has anyone in my family so I didn't really worry about that.  I know that anything could happen though.  We were just too excited to keep it a secret!

Quoting RoseWildflower: I would wait 3 months. Thats just me though because of the risk of a miscarriage. If I ever have one I would want to keep it to my DH and I. I just think its too private for everyone to know. Also, I wouldn't want to make everyone excited only to tell them about the miscarriage later.

But thats just me.

• cleigh717
    December 14, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I waited for a while to tell family bc i wasnt married, but almost immediately my immediate boss knew and my coworkers. by 20 weeks every1 knew with my first. my second, we waited at least til 10 weeks. i wanted to wait until at least 12, but i didnt want to really announce it at a family get together. too much pressure. 

• ashleynm85
    December 14, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I'ev heard women say bad things about women who announce their pregnancy early.  Things like they are selfish or stupid.  I think those are silly things to say.

Quoting AF2011: Because of the risk of miscarriage.

Quoting ashleynm85:

Why?

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts