Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Heated Debate: Should Gov’t Be Allowed to Force Vaccinations on Your Kids?
by Anonymous
December 13, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Heated Debate: Should Gov’t Be Allowed to Force Vaccinations on Your Kids?

AS SEEN ON HANNITY

New York City’s Board of Health voted Wednesday to require all children under age 6 who attend daycare or preschool to receive flu shots. Parents can only opt out of the flu vaccine if their child has medical reasons for not being able to take it. Philosophical exemptions, such as over vaccine concerns, are not allowed in New York State.  Many parents are not happy about the mandate and strongly oppose this plan.

Republican strategist Mercedes Vienna Schlapp and Democratic strategist Steve Murphy were on Hannity to debate the mandate.

Teens Arrested for Allegedly Letting Friend Drive Drunk

“This New York Board of Health, they're all appointees from the mayor,” said Republican strategist Mercedes Vienna Schlapp.  “They are very activist in their way of thinking, and they really do not believe that parents can make, and their health care providers, make the best decisions for their children?  Of course parents are outraged.”

Hannity interjected that while he himself is in favor of getting the flu shot, he believes that the opinion of parents who have strong objections against it should be respected. “They ought to be able to raise their children as they see fit.”

Greenpeace Video: Santa to Cancel Christmas Over Global Warming

"You don't have a legal right or a moral right to expose your child to disease unnecessarily," Murphy contested.  He added that the medical community is "overwhelmingly" in favor of these programs.

Hannity disagreed, "You don't have a legal or a moral right to give them a shot that in many cases makes kids sick and in a few isolated cases violently sick. You don’t have that right either!"  

“Why don’t we just hand our kids over to you, Steve, and Nanny Bloomberg because you know better how to raise our kids than we do?!” Hannity asked.

Watch the video for the full debate.

Replies

• all4muttz
    December 13, 2013 at 8:28 AM
    No, no, and no. End of discussion.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 13, 2013 at 8:32 AM

No. I vaccinate my kids but have chosen to not get them flu shots or Gardisil. If the government tried to force them on me I would be very upset, there's a reason why I make the choices I do for them.

• mommyofblueyes
    December 13, 2013 at 8:32 AM

No

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    December 13, 2013 at 8:33 AM

theres a really good debating video on the link...the guy in favor of this sounds like SUCH an asshole talking out of his asshole, it's unreal. 

• BoredMom32
    December 13, 2013 at 8:35 AM

No one is forcing anything.  If you don't want to vaccinate your kid, keep them at home.  But if you want to send them out, you are going to have to fulfill the requirements. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 13, 2013 at 8:36 AM
    The words "heated debate" in your title make this post corny IMO. You're trying to hard
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 13, 2013 at 8:37 AM
    No one is "forcing" the children to be vaccinated, they are simply saying you can't go to preschool or daycare without it.
  • Anonymous
    December 13, 2013 at 8:37 AM

well it came off the title of the article..i didn't make it up

Quoting Anonymous: The words "heated debate" in your title make this post corny IMO. You're trying to hard

• Anonymous
    December 13, 2013 at 8:38 AM

kinda sounds like 'forcing the issue' to me...bet it does for others too,  who are in the situation

Quoting Anonymous: No one is "forcing" the children to be vaccinated, they are simply saying you can't go to preschool or daycare without it.

• maddiesmommy5
    December 13, 2013 at 8:39 AM

That is a huge HELL NO.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts