Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Spin Off: Baby gets denied heart transplant.
by Anonymous
December 1, 2013 at 9:46 PM

So usually people on the Internet don't get to me, it's just the Internet, right? But that woman's views on disabled children really got to me. I believe every kid, disabled or not, deserves a chance at life. She keeps making it VERY apparent that disabled children shouldn't get the same treatment as children without disabilities.

So now I want to know. What do you all think? Do you think everyone should get a chance at life, or just the ones without disabilities? What about rich vs. poor. Does a rich person deserve a heart transplant more than a poor person? 

For me, I think it should all be equal. Everyone has a family that loves them, and would give anything to keep them here for as long as they can. I think everyone has an equal right at life.

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    December 1, 2013 at 9:53 PM
    No one has an opinion on it?
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 1, 2013 at 9:56 PM
    I refused to read more than a few pages. That lady was sick. She basically said disabled people do not deserve to live.
  • emandab
    by emandab
    December 1, 2013 at 9:56 PM

That woman was either a troll or a really disgusting, ignorant and heartless woman.  I'm hoping for troll, but really, anyone who would troll about that is disgusting anyways.

• vegaswife2011
    December 1, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I honestly can't say, sorry. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 1, 2013 at 9:58 PM

The ones who will be able to take care of themselves and understand what it requires after a procedure should be primary. The rich/poor doesn't matter into that equation at all. 

• flukeas
    by flukeas
    December 1, 2013 at 10:01 PM
    I think if getting a transplant is going to turn you Into a productive members of society than yes you should get one, however if a transplant is just going to gibe you a few more years than no, sure its sucks for your family but you know what life sucks and sometimes people get dealt shitty hands
  • flukeas
    by flukeas
    December 1, 2013 at 10:02 PM
    Give not gibe ! Dumb phone
  • Anonymous
    December 1, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Yeah, that's why I stopped even trying to reason with her. She couldn't even answer the simple question of what would she do if it were her child.

Quoting Anonymous:

I refused to read more than a few pages. That lady was sick. She basically said disabled people do not deserve to live.

• JanineDeer
    December 1, 2013 at 10:04 PM

So we should give alcholics who destroyed their OWN liver, a liver transplant over some other man the same age as they who doesn't drink?

LOL When I'm 84 and need a new heart do you REALLY think I should get one over a young person?  I bet you don't really. 

• Anonymous
    December 1, 2013 at 10:05 PM

She didn't even bother to read the entire article. Which actually turns out really great for the child. I'm hoping she's a troll as well though. Anyone with a child wouldn't talk like that.

Quoting emandab:

That woman was either a troll or a really disgusting, ignorant and heartless woman.  I'm hoping for troll, but really, anyone who would troll about that is disgusting anyways.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts