Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
UGH unless you are going to be paying my rent DONT tell me where I can live!
by Anonymous
November 28, 2013 at 9:28 AM
so I am 26 and finally saved enough money to move out of my moms. (long story short every time I would start saving something would go wrong on my moms house and she wouldn't have the money to pay it so my savings would have to pay for repairs or new appliances on top of me paying her 400 a month in rent) anyway, I am very low income and I found an apartment that includes utilities and internet that is in my price range (by not paying utilities I can afford 100 more in rent) the down side being it is near a few halfway houses and isn't in the best neighborhood. rhe apartment complex is secure (gates you need either a code or magkey to get in, security doors etc) well I was.telling my mom that I really liked the apartment, that I could afford it, etc and that I was thinking about moving there when they have an opening. all she said was "you are not moving my grandson into THAT neighborhood." ok.... then.she starts listing all these apartments that are 700-800 a month for a one to two bedroom that are crazy expensive and then mentioned her friends that have apartments in a worse neighborhood than what I was looking at before. she is acting like she is happy I am finally going to be a grown up again and live on my own after getting back on my feet yet she wants me to do it on her terms. she wants to pick the neighborhood and the apartment for me. well im sorry that's not going to happen. it may suck right now but I will be able to move somewhere better eventually.

Replies

• AJsMom81507
    November 28, 2013 at 9:33 AM

uhm, i would NEVER want to put my children in a dangerous neighborhood.  i agreee somewhat with your mother.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 28, 2013 at 9:36 AM
    You have to live where you can afford.
  • Texascandee
    November 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM

As a mother to a grown daughter and a grandmother to a 10 old young man, I wouldn't want my daughter moving into a bad neighborhood either.  I know young adults think they know it all and what's best but sometimes it would  behoove you to listen to your mother because they do want what's best for you and your child.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    November 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM
    trust me I don't want to either. but I have to live where I can afford and sadly it will be cheaper than living with my mom. she sucks at paying bills. I give her the money for a bill and instead of paying the bill she goes shopping and I am still left paying the shut off. I learned a long time ago to just pay the bill myself. I pay all of the bills for my mom plus her house payment (her house payment is 380 a month and im.paying 400.) yet I am still "just living at home" it sucks. she tells everyone that I live rent free because she is taking care of me... yeah no. I need to get out of her house.

Quoting AJsMom81507:

uhm, i would NEVER want to put my children in a dangerous neighborhood.  i agreee somewhat with your mother.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    November 28, 2013 at 9:38 AM
    I don't want to live there, but I need to move out on my own.

Quoting Texascandee:

As a mother to a grown daughter and a grandmother to a 10 old young man, I wouldn't want my daughter moving into a bad neighborhood either.  I know young adults think they know it all and what's best but sometimes it would  behoove you to listen to your mother because they do want what's best for you and your child.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 28, 2013 at 9:41 AM
    You have to live where you can afford. My mom and I don't get along if we live in the same house, so I would move anywhere to get away from living with her. I have been on my own since I was 16 and havent moved back since. I am now 25.
  • flcowgrl23
    November 28, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Tell her you detached from her at birth and you are your own person.

I do however agree, you shouldn't have your kids in a bad neighborhood.  I moved across the country to get out of a city that was just all over bad and I would have never taken my kids to a hood that you're talking about moving to.

• hautemama83
    November 28, 2013 at 9:42 AM
    26 isn't necessarily a young adult, and what makes you think op isn't capable of knowing what's best for her and her child?

Quoting Texascandee:

• cybcm
    by cybcm
    November 28, 2013 at 9:43 AM
  • tardistraveller
    November 28, 2013 at 9:44 AM

there isn't always a choice.

I did it at one point, and we are fine now.

Quoting AJsMom81507:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts