Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
smiller8008
anyone else have a 7yo in diapers?
November 23, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Our 7yo DD still wets the bed every night.  A couple months ago we went back to diapers, because goodnites were leaking too often - and what's the point of them if you still have to wash the sheets?  She didn't really like it at first, but doesn't mind now since she realized that waking up in a dry bed is much better than waking up in a leaking pull-up.

Is anyone else still putting a diaper on their older child?

Replies

• angie_de_3
    November 23, 2013 at 9:41 PM
    No sorry :( have you talked to your pediatrician. Def not normal at that age.
  • katemckenzie
    November 23, 2013 at 9:41 PM
    Sounds like a medical issue.
  • Lottie925
    November 23, 2013 at 9:42 PM
    What does the pedi say?
  • AnnaBright
    November 23, 2013 at 9:42 PM
    Only my nephew who is low functioning autistic.
  • smiller8008
    November 23, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Quoting angie_de_3:

No sorry :( have you talked to your pediatrician. Def not normal at that age.

Yes - our our doctor says it's that it's fairly normal at 7 (she just turned 7 in Oct), and isn't worried about it for a year or two more.

• smiller8008
    November 23, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Quoting AnnaBright:

Only my nephew who is low functioning autistic.

Thanks, but I don't think that's the case with her - she's fairly social and can relate to other kids, even if she's shy sometimes...

• egyptian_mommy
    My oldest is 6 & wears Pull Ups at night. He is a very heavy sleeper and just doesn't wake up to go. Our pediatrician said it's actually not that uncommon and is normal until about age 8.
  • smiller8008

Quoting Lottie925:

What does the pedi say?

Don't worry about it for another year or two, and that she's probalby too young for an alarm, and definitely too young for medications.

• lustfull
    November 23, 2013 at 9:47 PM

i was 13 when i stopped wetting the bed, im 22 now

• smiller8008
    November 23, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

My oldest is 6 & wears Pull Ups at night. He is a very heavy sleeper and just doesn't wake up to go. Our pediatrician said it's actually not that uncommon and is normal until about age 8.

Do they ever leak?  DD sleeps like a log, so I'm sure that's part of it.  She was in pull-ups until recently, but we had lots of problems with leaks, which forunately we haven't had with diapers.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts