Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
smiller8008
anyone else have a 7yo in diapers?
November 23, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Our 7yo DD still wets the bed every night.  A couple months ago we went back to diapers, because goodnites were leaking too often - and what's the point of them if you still have to wash the sheets?  She didn't really like it at first, but doesn't mind now since she realized that waking up in a dry bed is much better than waking up in a leaking pull-up.

Is anyone else still putting a diaper on their older child?

Replies

• Elyce225
    November 23, 2013 at 9:52 PM

My DH wet the bed until he was nearly 20 years old. His thyroid was out of whack. He got it killed and takes medicine for it now.
  • orchardmoma
    November 23, 2013 at 9:52 PM

You are misinformed, I'm sorry but it can be very normal to be wetting the bed at 7.

Quoting Anonymous:

sounds like a medical issue that her doctor is ignoring. sorry but its not normal for a 7 year old to pee the bed every night. cut off drinks and food by a certain time at night. if you have to, wake her up every few hours to go pee. shes going to be made fun of by her friends.

• smiller8008
    November 23, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Bedwetting at 7 is very different than still in diapers at 7. Its not unusual.

True - but diapers are much better than washing sheets and blankets every morning.  That wasn't any fun for anyone...

• egyptian_mommy
    Sometimes. But he's usually ok. Have you tried the Goodnights Bed Mats? They should help in case of leaks.

Quoting smiller8008:

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

My oldest is 6 & wears Pull Ups at night. He is a very heavy sleeper and just doesn't wake up to go. Our pediatrician said it's actually not that uncommon and is normal until about age 8.

Do they ever leak?  DD sleeps like a log, so I'm sure that's part of it.  She was in pull-ups until recently, but we had lots of problems with leaks, which forunately we haven't had with diapers.

• ewunia79
    If your doc isn't worried. I wouldn't either. I hate to admit, by I used to wet bed often at her age. And let me tell you. I don't now! ;)
  • orchardmoma

Ya, I didn't think you shamed her just had to throw that out there...:)

Quoting smiller8008:

Quoting orchardmoma:

Actually it can be normal at that age. I would take her to the ped, just to make sure nothing medical is wrong. Our brain has a hormone, kinda like a switch that gets turned on at a certain age. You know how as adults we wake up from deep sleep because our brain tells us that our bladder needs to be emptied? Well in children that Hormone or switch turns on at different times. My son stopped wetting when he was 9. My youngest son never wet the bed from the moment he was potty trained at 2. I suggest you talk to your child and ask her to pay very close attention to her body signals, she just might be missing it. Don't ever shame her (I'm sure you don't) and be patient..

We don't shame her - the diapers are just the easiest solution to the laundry problem, and she agrees with that.  Her doctor has said it's most likely a hormone thing, and will just take time.

• smiller8008
    November 23, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

My 10 yr old is. In fact, he just got out of them 24/7 about 6 months ago

Why was he in them 24/7?

• _ClearFruit_
    No, only time my 4yr wets the bed is if she has too much to drink at night
  • smiller8008

Quoting Jamie1972:

Nope. My oldest finally stopped wetting the bed a few years ago. I had to put him in adult diapers because nothing else fit him. And as long as I limit drinks and remind him to use the bathroom he has no accidents.

I guess we're lucky pampers still fit - I think that adult diapers would be way too big for her.

• draven3107
    November 23, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Nope, my daughter is older than that and still wets the bed. It is not unheard of at that age, even until around 13. My Dd is 9, she uses a pad like they put on hospital beds, and I wash it if she wets the bed that night.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts