Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
2kids19yrsapart
Opinions please..
November 9, 2013 at 11:13 PM

about earrings.  I have my ears pierced twice, and rarely wear earrings.  When I wore them all the time, I could only wear gold.  Then, after I had my daughter and became a SAHM, I stopped wearing them. I can't find my gold earrings now. 

A year or so ago, I had to stop wearing my gold wedding band/engagement ring because I started breaking out (going through menopause, and body chemicals are changing). We bought me some new rings, sterling silver, and I haven't broken out yet.  Now that we finally got our daughter's ears pierced (she will be 7 in 2 weeks), I want to start wearing earrings again.

So, my question is this.  Would you buy gold earrings again, or try sterling silver?  I don't really want to spend money on something I won't be able to wear.

Replies

• 2kids19yrsapart
    November 9, 2013 at 11:15 PM

BUMP!

• XnikoX
    by XnikoX
    November 9, 2013 at 11:16 PM
    I would try sterling silver. Especially since its cheaper.
  • Sarahb21
    November 9, 2013 at 11:17 PM

I would go sterling. It's cheaper and you know that you haven't had a reaction to it from your rings.

• schatzi869
    November 9, 2013 at 11:17 PM
    Try sterling silver first. I have to wear nickle-free earrings because one freakin ear swells up. kind of reminds me of will smith in the movie Hitch.
  • Chris030406
    November 9, 2013 at 11:19 PM
    Silver is cheaper. Start there. Maybe later, treat yourself to gold.
  • Okie-chick
    November 9, 2013 at 11:48 PM
    Sterling silver
  • 2kids19yrsapart
    November 10, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Thanks everyone.  That is what I was thinking.  Try sterling silver first, then if that doesn't work, try gold again.  I really want to wear earrings again.  

Wish me luck!!

• LindaSuperMom
    November 10, 2013 at 12:33 AM

I too had that problem, after not wearing earings for a year. My sister in law actually reopened the holes with a sterile needle. Fortunately I had a pair of simple gold earings that I was able to use..

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN