Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
daughteroftruth
Bad mommy confession of the day
November 4, 2013 at 12:47 PM

My kids didn't go to school this morning.  I was up all night with the baby, I think she might have strep.  Dh had to leave for WY for a week at 5:30am, after he left I laid down think 30 min of sleep was better then nothing... closed my eyes and woke up at 10am with my alarm going off (it went off for 4 hours and it didn't budge me).. My kids were in the living room watching cartoons, apparently they woke up around 9 and helped themselves to granola bars and pears for breakfast.  My oldest said he tried to wake me up but that I just wouldn't budge. 

So, kids are having lunch here, and I will take them to school after school lunch is over.

Replies

• svolkov
    by svolkov
    November 4, 2013 at 12:49 PM
    Wow. All I got from that is i wish my kids would sleep until 9 lol. I overslept once with my two youngest. Oldest ds got dressed,ate breakfast and woke me to tell me he was going on the bus!
  • PookaboosMom
    November 4, 2013 at 12:49 PM
    I've done that because sometimes my schedule is so hectic.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    November 4, 2013 at 12:51 PM
    It happens!
  • Superlaura328
    November 4, 2013 at 12:51 PM

LOL It happens! I was so busy a couple weeks back that I did the same thing... my alarm is set to go off at 5:30, 6:00, 6:20 and then again at 7:40. I slept through ALL of them, woke up around 8:15. It catches up with ya!

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    November 4, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Sounds like a shit happens kinda day. At least it wasn't because you just didn't want to get up.

• HIJKLM
    by HIJKLM
    November 4, 2013 at 12:53 PM
    I could see that happening here if I didn't get up to get them out the door
  • NeonGirl9583
    November 4, 2013 at 12:55 PM
    I am glad my 3 go to school. l sleep most mornings after they leave.
  • OwlNuggets
    November 4, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Whoopsies!

Time to get an alarm going for yourself so this won't happen more than the one time...Preferably in the room you pass out in.:x

• 2Sparrows4ever
    November 4, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Is it even worth making them go after lunch? 

• SweetPea2004
    November 4, 2013 at 1:00 PM
    Dd would have called 911 or a adult she knew if she heard my alarm go off that long and could not wake me but I am a very light sleeper.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts