Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
daughteroftruth
Bad mommy confession of the day
November 4, 2013 at 12:47 PM

My kids didn't go to school this morning.  I was up all night with the baby, I think she might have strep.  Dh had to leave for WY for a week at 5:30am, after he left I laid down think 30 min of sleep was better then nothing... closed my eyes and woke up at 10am with my alarm going off (it went off for 4 hours and it didn't budge me).. My kids were in the living room watching cartoons, apparently they woke up around 9 and helped themselves to granola bars and pears for breakfast.  My oldest said he tried to wake me up but that I just wouldn't budge. 

So, kids are having lunch here, and I will take them to school after school lunch is over.

Replies

• svolkov
    by svolkov
    November 4, 2013 at 12:49 PM
    Wow. All I got from that is i wish my kids would sleep until 9 lol. I overslept once with my two youngest. Oldest ds got dressed,ate breakfast and woke me to tell me he was going on the bus!
  • PookaboosMom
    November 4, 2013 at 12:49 PM
    I've done that because sometimes my schedule is so hectic.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    November 4, 2013 at 12:51 PM
    It happens!
  • Superlaura328
    November 4, 2013 at 12:51 PM

LOL It happens! I was so busy a couple weeks back that I did the same thing... my alarm is set to go off at 5:30, 6:00, 6:20 and then again at 7:40. I slept through ALL of them, woke up around 8:15. It catches up with ya!

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    November 4, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Sounds like a shit happens kinda day. At least it wasn't because you just didn't want to get up.

• HIJKLM
    by HIJKLM
    November 4, 2013 at 12:53 PM
    I could see that happening here if I didn't get up to get them out the door
  • NeonGirl9583
    November 4, 2013 at 12:55 PM
    I am glad my 3 go to school. l sleep most mornings after they leave.
  • OwlNuggets
    November 4, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Whoopsies!

Time to get an alarm going for yourself so this won't happen more than the one time...Preferably in the room you pass out in.:x

• 2Sparrows4ever
    November 4, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Is it even worth making them go after lunch? 

• SweetPea2004
    November 4, 2013 at 1:00 PM
    Dd would have called 911 or a adult she knew if she heard my alarm go off that long and could not wake me but I am a very light sleeper.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN