Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
did you know adhd
by Anonymous
November 3, 2013 at 1:10 PM
For those saying adhd isn't real. Did you know that if a child is on adhd meds and they don't have it if will make them more hyper? It has an opposite affect on people. That is why the drugs for these disorders are so popular. People like to take them if they don't have it because it gives them lots of energy. It is why some parents treat the disorder with coffee and soda because instead of giving a person with adhd more energy it calms them down and helps them focus. The down side it is short lived.

Replies

• gabenmikeysmom
    November 3, 2013 at 1:11 PM
    Thank you :)
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    November 3, 2013 at 1:12 PM
    Exactly. I have a child on adderall and it calms her down so much.
  • drowningmama
    November 3, 2013 at 1:23 PM
    Yes, I knew that.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    November 3, 2013 at 1:29 PM

There is a lot about ADHD I didn't know until this past summer when our son was diagnosed.  I didn't know that a child that was lethargic could be diagnosed with ADHD.  I didn't know the effect of ADHD on learning.  I assumed that ADHD meds would change his personality.  I was proved wrong on so many different pre-conceived notions I had.

• AuntieM
    by AuntieM
    November 3, 2013 at 1:32 PM
    ADHD meds are so popular because they are speed. A lot of people kept trying to get us to give them my son's Ritalin when he was younger.
  • KiKi-Love
    November 3, 2013 at 1:33 PM
    Very true

I suspect my friends son is over medicated. His family situation is not good, and he could be acting out. It's a stressful situation for a child to be in the middle of. My friend is a good mother, and in a wheelchair. She admitted that the medication he takes, doesn't help at all. If anything, makes his behavior worse.
  • ivegotrhythm
    November 3, 2013 at 1:34 PM
    When my son is off his meds he's practically manic.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    November 3, 2013 at 2:01 PM
    It only has that affect if the person taking it doesnt have adhd.

Quoting AuntieM:

ADHD meds are so popular because they are speed. A lot of people kept trying to get us to give them my son's Ritalin when he was younger.
  • AuntieM
    by AuntieM
    November 3, 2013 at 2:02 PM
    Yes I know that. Which would be why our friends wanted it. And whether it had that effect or not, it's still speed.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    November 3, 2013 at 2:06 PM
    I have seen with my nephew the effects of not being them are much worse than being on them. The goal is to teach him ti function with out them but until then it is necessary. The final straw was when he hurt his 1 year old brother.

Quoting AuntieM:

Yes I know that. Which would be why our friends wanted it. And whether it had that effect or not, it's still speed.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN