Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Teen Pregnancy
by Anonymous
October 30, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Teen pregnancy is a BIG problem in this country. I know that in this group many like to pretend that teen moms are great and they don't have a problem raising their kids. But that's not reality. Sure some teen moms will pull it off but many more won't and will end up abusing or neglecting their kids while raising them in poverty and then their kids will grow up and become teen parents and the cycle will continue.

I say teens need access to condoms in every public school and they need science based sex education. I also don't believe parents should be able to opt their kids out of this education .

anyone with me?

do you agree?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 48% - YES with all of it!
  2. 38% - Yes with part of it !
  3. 12% - NO none of it !

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 30, 2013 at 2:38 PM
    I was raped and became a teen mom so what do you do to stop thoses cases?
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    October 30, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I was raped and became a teen mom so what do you do to stop thoses cases?

There always has to be someone like you in these posts doesn't there? Do you still not understand that not everything is about you?? Do you honestly think I'm talking about people who became pregnant from a rape when I discuss sex ed? 

• TiffanyRose06
    My mom was a teen mom. She didn't become a shitty parent until her 20s

I didn't have sex until I was 18
  • Anonymous
    bump
  • AZHOTMOM
    October 30, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I think more parents need to step up to the plate and start talking to their kids more about sex and the repercussions. Stop waiting for the school to do their job.

• Jasismommy

Yes I hate when parents think that their "innocent " 15 year old knows nothing about sex and they want to hide it from her but then a year later pow she pregnant. Not so innocent now is she? Ppl need to educate their kids!!

• fanciepantz
    I agree with every thing you said.
  • Anonymous
    Quoting TiffanyRose06:

My mom was a teen mom. She didn't become a shitty parent until her 20s

I didn't have sex until I was 18
    Terrific another one who thinks I'm writing about her...smh Are you completely unaware of the statistics regarding teen pregnancy? seriously?
  • JealousGrrl
    October 30, 2013 at 2:43 PM
    I agree that sex ed is very important, but I thought condoms were already available in most schools. When I went to high school I told the school nurse that I was sexually active and she gave me a bunch of condoms and stuff. I however do think parents should be able to opt out of sex ed. Forcing people to do anything that involves children will just create problems.
  • RJC78
    by RJC78
    October 30, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I agree with you completely!  Education and access is so important!

Mom Confessions