Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Animal savvy mommas
by Anonymous
October 20, 2013 at 8:01 AM

If I can get a pic of my finger later, I'll post it, but at current I'll just have to describe it.

Last night I had to put my cat down. I didn't have money to take him to the vet, so I opted to do it myself. Well, I had a friend help me, as he's put down several animals on his farm.

The cat bit me, on the pinky finger. Of course I had to read up on animal bites, just to know. But they just made me worry even more about getting an infection. I have no health insurance.

The inital bite hurt, and as soon as the cat was burried I washed my hands thouroughly. I was still up half the night because my hand felt like it was on fire. Now, I can't even bend my pinky to type.

Should I just go to the ER and tell them what happened? I know the cat doesn't have rabies, if that helps. He was up-to-date on all vaccinations.

*************************************************************************************************************

For everyone who seems to think this is a troll, is wrong. Unfortunately, YES I chose to put my animal down in such a way. It sucked. I cried. I'm glad he bit me. I deserved it. But he was 18, had BRAIN CANCER, and literally scratched his ear off. I couldn't let him suffer.

For everyone saying I could have called around and found someone to euthenize him, yes. I did call around. No one could do it till Monday at the earliest. The poor cat was suffering, and I couldn't stand by and let my selfishness of never wanting to lose him make him suffer more.

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    October 20, 2013 at 8:04 AM
    ...what did you do to the poor kitty??
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    October 20, 2013 at 8:06 AM

It'll sound barbaric, because in a way it kind of was. I held the cat while my buddy put a knife through his heart.

Quoting Anonymous:

• copperked
    October 20, 2013 at 8:08 AM
    I would go see a doctor for it if it seems to be infected at all. Go in asap if you develop a fever. Even.domestic animal bites and scratches can turn ugly.
  • tddncw2010
    October 20, 2013 at 8:10 AM
    Poor cat.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    October 20, 2013 at 8:11 AM

wouldn't it have been more "humane" to shoot it? Talk about a slow and painful death...to be held down by the master that "loved" you while a friend shoves a shank in your heart...sick.

Quoting Anonymous:

It'll sound barbaric, because in a way it kind of was. I held the cat while my buddy put a knife through his heart.

Quoting Anonymous:

• PinkyPan
    October 20, 2013 at 8:11 AM

OMG!!!! NO! Dear God please be a troll.... I had to euthanize my 16 yr old cat this week and my heart is broken. Why could you not do this in a more humane way?  It cost me $58. WTF is wrong with you. I hope it hurts like hell. I feel sick.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

• justpeachy71904
    October 20, 2013 at 8:14 AM
    Omg ok please be a fucking troll

WTH is fucking wrong with you

I hope your fucking finger rots and falls the fuck off

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    October 20, 2013 at 8:15 AM
    You could have had her humanely euthanized for free if you called around.
  • Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    October 20, 2013 at 8:24 AM

bump

• Rajeshsmom
    October 20, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Ummmm... Wow... 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN