Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Animal savvy mommas
by Anonymous
October 20, 2013 at 8:01 AM

If I can get a pic of my finger later, I'll post it, but at current I'll just have to describe it.

Last night I had to put my cat down. I didn't have money to take him to the vet, so I opted to do it myself. Well, I had a friend help me, as he's put down several animals on his farm.

The cat bit me, on the pinky finger. Of course I had to read up on animal bites, just to know. But they just made me worry even more about getting an infection. I have no health insurance.

The inital bite hurt, and as soon as the cat was burried I washed my hands thouroughly. I was still up half the night because my hand felt like it was on fire. Now, I can't even bend my pinky to type.

Should I just go to the ER and tell them what happened? I know the cat doesn't have rabies, if that helps. He was up-to-date on all vaccinations.

*************************************************************************************************************

For everyone who seems to think this is a troll, is wrong. Unfortunately, YES I chose to put my animal down in such a way. It sucked. I cried. I'm glad he bit me. I deserved it. But he was 18, had BRAIN CANCER, and literally scratched his ear off. I couldn't let him suffer.

For everyone saying I could have called around and found someone to euthenize him, yes. I did call around. No one could do it till Monday at the earliest. The poor cat was suffering, and I couldn't stand by and let my selfishness of never wanting to lose him make him suffer more.

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 20, 2013 at 8:04 AM
    ...what did you do to the poor kitty??
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    October 20, 2013 at 8:06 AM

It'll sound barbaric, because in a way it kind of was. I held the cat while my buddy put a knife through his heart.

Quoting Anonymous:

• copperked
    October 20, 2013 at 8:08 AM
    I would go see a doctor for it if it seems to be infected at all. Go in asap if you develop a fever. Even.domestic animal bites and scratches can turn ugly.
  • tddncw2010
    October 20, 2013 at 8:10 AM
    Poor cat.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 20, 2013 at 8:11 AM

wouldn't it have been more "humane" to shoot it? Talk about a slow and painful death...to be held down by the master that "loved" you while a friend shoves a shank in your heart...sick.

Quoting Anonymous:

It'll sound barbaric, because in a way it kind of was. I held the cat while my buddy put a knife through his heart.

Quoting Anonymous:

• PinkyPan
    October 20, 2013 at 8:11 AM

OMG!!!! NO! Dear God please be a troll.... I had to euthanize my 16 yr old cat this week and my heart is broken. Why could you not do this in a more humane way?  It cost me $58. WTF is wrong with you. I hope it hurts like hell. I feel sick.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

• justpeachy71904
    October 20, 2013 at 8:14 AM
    Omg ok please be a fucking troll

WTH is fucking wrong with you

I hope your fucking finger rots and falls the fuck off

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 20, 2013 at 8:15 AM
    You could have had her humanely euthanized for free if you called around.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 20, 2013 at 8:24 AM

bump

• Rajeshsmom
    October 20, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Ummmm... Wow... 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts