Mom Confessions

Anonymous
?? Crazy thing happened at 3am
by Anonymous
October 20, 2013 at 7:57 AM
I woke up with this cough that wouldn't stop. There was mucus over my airway my body was forcing me to violently cough. My face and tounge and lips were swollen and I have hives all over my body.

I took Benadryl, and a shower and it sees that it went away except hives and my chest hurts from coughing.

My husband thinks I should go to the er or walk in. I think I'm fine and can see my doctor tomorrow as it's gone now.

Replies

• Tigerlily21
    October 20, 2013 at 8:06 AM
    Do you have a a bug bite on you anywhere?
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    October 20, 2013 at 8:16 AM
    Not that I see anywhere

Quoting Tigerlily21:

Do you have a a bug bite on you anywhere?

• justpeachy71904
    October 20, 2013 at 8:17 AM
    Oh my word. I hope you're ok. Did you eat anything different?
  • crazy4u49033
    October 20, 2013 at 8:18 AM
    Anytime you have breathing problems related to an allergy- and that sounds like what happened- an we trip is warranted.
  • Anonymous
    October 20, 2013 at 8:21 AM
    Toast with peanut butter and banana And almond milk at 10pm

Veggies and rice at 6pm

Quoting justpeachy71904:

• Anonymous
    October 20, 2013 at 8:21 AM
    I'm ok now. The er will take all day!

Quoting crazy4u49033:

Anytime you have breathing problems related to an allergy- and that sounds like what happened- an we trip is warranted.

• justpeachy71904
    October 20, 2013 at 8:22 AM
    No no

What I mean is. Do you usually eat this stuff? Or is this new stuff for you

Quoting Anonymous:

Veggies and rice at 6pm

Quoting justpeachy71904:

• Anonymous
    October 20, 2013 at 8:32 AM
    Same stuff

Quoting justpeachy71904:

No no

What I mean is. Do you usually eat this stuff? Or is this new stuff for you

Quoting Anonymous:

Veggies and rice at 6pm

Quoting justpeachy71904:

• hargonagain
    October 20, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Sounds like a major allergic reaction to something.  Be careful and keep taking benadryl on schedule for a few days.  If you feel like you can't breathe call an ambulance.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 20, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Is this the first time it's happened ? Has this ever happened to you before ? And yes, you need to go to the ER and tell them everything.

I have really bad allergies and have woke up like that, it's horrible. I've also been to the ER due to sever allergies.

You might have to have DH clean the bedroom top to bottom and wash All the bedding in hot water, including the comforter. The allergen could still be there and you'll just wake up tomorrow like you did today or worse.

If this is an ongoing thing, that you're waking up in the AM like this or it becomes that way, have the house inspected professionally for Mold, Termites & roaches. Do this if you can't figure how or why.

I was waking up like you did for Months and then it got worse. I was literally afraid I'd die in the middle of the night it got so bad. We found out we had a major termite infestation in my bedroom. I was allergic to the termites.

I had it happen like this once before years ago due to mold growing in the house too, really really scary.

Go to the ER, get dh to clean your room and inspect the house, have a professional come in and keep a journal.

Hope you feel better soon, I know how horrible allergies can be. ((((hugs))))

Mom Confessions