Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
MIL is mad that we don't ask her to babysit
by Anonymous
October 19, 2013 at 4:32 PM

But, she always asks us to pay her. I am not saying we can't afford it but it does mean an extra $30 per evening we go out. My mom and my sister are always willing to babysit for free (me and my sister babysit for each other). So if I have the choice between taking the kids to my MIL's house and paying her about $30 or taking the kids to my mom's or sister's house (where if I am to be honest, I feel like they get better care) for free, why does she get mad that we don't ask her?

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    October 19, 2013 at 4:33 PM

BTW, I am a SAHM so it's not like we are looking for free child care all the time, maybe just once or twice a month so we can go out without the kids.

• Anonymous
    October 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM

BUMP!

• Anonymous
    October 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM

BUMP!

• bethgoedeken
    October 19, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I think your MIL is ridiculous and just looking to start a fight. Tell her that your kids need cousin time and to get the hell over it.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 19, 2013 at 5:30 PM

ya thats ridiculous. I never understood grandparents that expect to be paid to watch and spend time with their own grandchildren. they shouldn't have to be paid to do so. my mom and my husband's parents beg us to let them watch our kids. and they do it for free.

• disneymom2two
    October 19, 2013 at 5:31 PM

When my mom watched my sister's kid on a regular basis (M-F 7:30-6), she asked for money because then she could take my niece out and do stuff with her; it was something like $30/week.  If she watched her or my kids for a couple of hours at night so we could go out with our husbands, she didn't ask or expect anything.  My in-laws won't accept money so when they were watching our son more often than usual for a period (about once a week for a month) for a couple hours during the day (not the whole day), we bought them an ice tea maker that I knew my MIL wanted.

• krissii
    by krissii

it doesn't make sense to me why she is charging you....though i was raised that family helps eachother out no questions asked if you need them they are there and they don't expect money in return..

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous

lmao... she wants money and is pissed she cant get any from you. kts not even about wanting to be with a grandchild. i wouldnt want to ask her either.

• Liastele
    October 19, 2013 at 5:32 PM

I'd always choose a free relative over a paid relative as well. I want my kids somewhere that they feel loved, instead of a burden I have to pay someone to deal with.

• maddiesmommy5
    October 19, 2013 at 5:32 PM

She sounds kind of nutty :/ Any normal person would go for the place they feel is best especially since its free!

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts