Mom Confessions

Melissa...
My Kid's Teacher Makes Faces At Her
October 19, 2013 at 11:17 AM
My daughter is a good kid. Happy, likes school, has a lot of friends. She's in fifth grade, and I've never had any bad reviews from teachers before. This year she says her teacher hates her. She says she is always rolling her eyes at her and making mean faces. I haven't had any notes from the teacher about discipline problems, and my oldest son had her without any issues. Conferences are next week. Should I say something to the teacher or just let it go? I understand that every teacher in the world isn't going to love my daughter, but something is happening to give her a really bad vibe about class, and I'd like to know what.

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 19, 2013 at 11:19 AM
    Maybe your daughter is being over sensitive?
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 19, 2013 at 11:20 AM

lmao learn to let go and let your dd learn how to handle these situations, she will be starting middle school and high school soon, you wont have the chance to get all involved and your dd needs to know how to deal with this herself.

• MicheleJM
    October 19, 2013 at 11:20 AM

You could mention it to the teacher.  I might ask dd are you sure?  Some people do frown when concentrating or have twitches.  It might not be what it seems.  Now the eye rolling probably is a different story.

• Melissa...
    October 19, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    Could be. Not sure. I asked her if the teacher was joking, and she said no. She's not usually a sensitive kid at all, so it has me thrown. She's usually a really tough cookie.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe your daughter is being over sensitive?

• vegaswife2011
    October 19, 2013 at 11:22 AM

I'd mention it to the teacher, why not?

• Melissa...
    October 19, 2013 at 11:23 AM
    She is in middle school. Starts in fifth grade here. She's a pretty tough kid, but this is really throwing her off.

Quoting Anonymous:

lmao learn to let go and let your dd learn how to handle these situations, she will be starting middle school and high school soon, you wont have the chance to get all involved and your dd needs to know how to deal with this herself.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 19, 2013 at 11:24 AM

lmao wait til high school..

Quoting Melissa...:

She is in middle school. Starts in fifth grade here. She's a pretty tough kid, but this is really throwing her off.

Quoting Anonymous:

• Melissa...
    October 19, 2013 at 11:24 AM
    Very small town. The teacher actually hangs in my circle, but we've never been friends. Just don't want to piss anyone off...

Quoting vegaswife2011:

I'd mention it to the teacher, why not?

• Melissa...
    October 19, 2013 at 11:25 AM
    Yeah, my oldest just started high school. I was worried about the adjustment, but he actually loves it! More freedom.

Quoting Anonymous:

lmao wait til high school..

Quoting Melissa...:

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 19, 2013 at 11:29 AM

If you mention it, please do so with an open mind and a non-accusatory tone.  As a teacher I can tell you that it can be tough to have eyes on you all day.  We're human and what your daughter is perceiving as her "making faces" may have nothing to do with your daughter.

Contacts and eyeballs dry out.   Food gets stuck in teeth.  Noses itch.  Eyes twitch.  Necks cramp up.  Bellies rumble in distress.  I don't even want to think of the "faces" I probably made in the months before my hyster when I would be overcome with pain and cramps.

Mom Confessions