Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Oh look. Walmart is Stuck with the Bill...
by Anonymous
October 14, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Just as they should be. Down in the article you'll see that other stores in the area were refusing EBT cards until the limits were evident again. Perhaps Walmart should have taken the hint. Now they're stuck with a huge bill...poor babies.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/walmart-shelves-emptied-food-stamp-shopping-spree/story?id=20563982

Replies

• elevator_chaos
    October 14, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Bump

• MariannLws
    October 14, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Amazing how fast they can move when larceny is easy and work is not involved.

It's quick to blame the store for allowing it to happen. However, there is also an argument of them denying ebt users without giving it a chance to attempt a purchase. This could be seen as discrimination. Also, it sounds as if this part of the glitch was within the company or store itself, aside from the EBT problem many people were dealing with. So in that respect, Walmart may be losing money which may not be reimbursed from EBT to them. All that said, those who knew they didnt have the money and still went on a spending spree should be held accountable too by either being faced with fraud charges or having their benefits revoked or both. This is no different than knowing your bank account is empty and writing a ton of checks or a check for a high amount and using it to pay for things like groceries or what not (since a check often takes a couple days to clear). That is check fraud and more or less the exact same thing and should be handled in the same manner, if not a stiffer punishment. This is also taking away from those people who actually need the HELP.

• ashley9603
    October 14, 2013 at 7:56 PM

BUMP!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 14, 2013 at 7:57 PM
    They knew this would happen. They knew they would take the loss. They did it so people would not go hungry. Ffs.
  • elevator_chaos
    October 14, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Now that I had time to read the article this is my reaction:

If there is a $50 limit on spending during these situations than Walmart messed up. Their corporate office should have known better.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 14, 2013 at 7:58 PM
    That is fucked up of those people who took advantage of the system like that. They should be sanctioned until whatever was not meant for them is paid back.
  • thenameshailie
    October 14, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Am I the only person that can see a tiny bit of karma being thrown at the greedy fucking Walmart? But I still expect that the EBT account holders will be held responsible for the funds.

• spooky415
    October 14, 2013 at 8:00 PM
    What a surprise. People took more than they were entitled too.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 14, 2013 at 8:01 PM
    the government should make each one of those dirty scum shit bags that know what they did was wrong pay every damn cent back!
  • Maks1mommy
    October 14, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I think it was really stupid of walmart not to refuse the ebt cards, but I think the people who took advantage should be held responsible.

Mom Confessions