Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I am firing single mom
by Anonymous
October 10, 2013 at 3:13 PM
My work has a strict call off/late policy. If you are late or leave early (even 1 minute) unless you find your own replacement you get 1/2 point. If you call off you get 1 point. If you call off several days in a row for the same reason you still only get one point but if you call off one day, work a day or two between and call off again it is 2 points. You get 8 points a year. If you have a letter from drs, courts, etc you still get a point (only exception is jury duty).

Well I had a employee that called off because her kids had chicken pox. That gave her point number 8. She came back to work, about a week has passedand I had to send her home because she now has chicken pox. Corporate told me I HAVE to fire her. I feel so bad because she is a hard worker and is a single mom. I begged and pleaded with corporate and they told me there was no exception and about 6 months ago they fired a man after getting squaded out of one of their facilities because he had a stroke. He already had 8 points too. I just feel so bad. I have not told her yet. I just feel like crying. I have argued with everyone I could in corporate.

Replies

• csxt99
    by csxt99
    October 10, 2013 at 3:19 PM

That sucks!

• JackieGirl007
    October 10, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Aw man that sucks! I am so sorry.

• sheramom4
    October 10, 2013 at 3:21 PM

That is just about the worst policy I have heard. I personally would not work for a place that fired someone for having a stroke.

• squeekers

Sheesh. I think i would rather stay unemployed than have to live up to those strict rules.

• liss.n.chris
    I've had to fire a single dad before. I hated doing it, but he was unreliable.
  • panther79
    October 10, 2013 at 3:22 PM

aw that really blows

• firespurity
    That's lame. :(
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    Welcome to the career world - hence why I left my career to become a SAHM. Employees these days are discuting.
  • KatLee42513
    October 10, 2013 at 3:23 PM
    I hate to bring it to you but most Employees in the private industry are that way.

Quoting squeekers:

Sheesh. I think i would rather stay unemployed than have to live up to those strict rules.

• KatLee42513
    October 10, 2013 at 3:24 PM
    Damn auto correct I meant employers

Quoting squeekers:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts