Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
E-cigarettes poll!!!
by Anonymous
October 8, 2013 at 11:34 PM

What's your experience with e-cigarettes?

Frankly, I didn't have the will power to stop cold turkey, but my e-cigarette has made quitting smoking a breeze!  The first week was a little bit of a transition, but after that it was downright easy.  I have literally smoked ONE cigarette in the past 3 months...AND IT TASTED TERRIBLE!!  

To anyone thinking of trying to quit by using an e-cigarette, I definitely recommend it :)  Just wanted to share!!

(On a side note, I've heard it's important to invest in a half decent e-cigarette; the little gas station "blu" e-cigarette isn't anywhere close to the same quality of a real one.  I think my starter kit was $50, but it was enough for 2 people, not 1)

What's your experience with e-cigarettes?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 32% - I am not a smoker, cigarette or e-cig
  2. 11% - I have thought about trying one
  3. 4% - I smoke cigarettes, but wont try an e-cig
  4. 29% - I have quit smoking with the help of an e-cig
  5. 10% - I tried an e-cig but hated it
  6. 11% - Other-please explain!

Replies

• MommyKarma
    October 8, 2013 at 11:35 PM

I've thought about trying them. I just don't know what to get or how to start or whatever and that's already too much work. So I walk into the smoke shop and get my usual lol. 

• LoriLou75
    October 8, 2013 at 11:37 PM
    Not all e cigs are equal. I went through many types and brands before funding one that worked for me.
  • PoisonEyeV
    _

After I quit cold turkey I thought it'd be nice to have an e-cig around to appease my urges. We bought a super cheapie one from over seas (China made knock off I don't remember what it was called exactly) It was actually nice. But I stopped using them after I started inhaling the actual liquid into my mouth. I'm guessing the cotton inside the ends that absorbed it just kind of ran out. Idk. I stopped using it a longgg time ago. Still cig free :)

• Angelanscalf89
    I quit smoking cold turkey BUT every once in awhile Ive used an e-cig in times of high stress (like when we thought my dad was gonna die even the drs pretty much said it) and the E-swisher brand wasn't that bad.
  • TiffanyRose06
    October 8, 2013 at 11:39 PM
    My husband loves his

You're right about the brand though, he said the cheapie was crap
  • Angelanscalf89
    October 8, 2013 at 11:39 PM
    Oh some of them have nicotene in them the E-swishers and 21st century disposables do. I never tried a rechargable one.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    October 8, 2013 at 11:40 PM

I was lucky.  A little shop opened up in my town that specializes in e-cigarettes.  250+ flavors and a wide variety of customizable "vaporizers."  After getting to try them out for myself, I realized that it was a very viable option.  My flavors now are Creme de Menthe, Blueberry, Watermelon, and Peppermint.  What I most love is that it only costs me about $5/week total :)

Quoting MommyKarma:

I've thought about trying them. I just don't know what to get or how to start or whatever and that's already too much work. So I walk into the smoke shop and get my usual lol. 

• plumbobtoggle
    October 8, 2013 at 11:41 PM

I've used the Mystic e-cig for years now and I love it! I hated the taste of "blu". The disposable N-joys are good, too, but not as cost-effective as my Mystics

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 8, 2013 at 11:41 PM

I have thought about it and want to try to quit cigs with the e cigs, I just have to be the one to finally say okay this it Im ready to try it. I know its all up to me and Im gearing myself up.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    October 8, 2013 at 11:42 PM

I have 2 now.  Thankfully, the people at our local shop are very informative, so I love them both.

Quoting LoriLou75:

Not all e cigs are equal. I went through many types and brands before funding one that worked for me.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts