Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Do you get along with other moms your age in your area?
by Anonymous
October 8, 2013 at 10:09 AM
I kind of do but not really. I live in a fairly conservative area in Texas and the moms my age around here are all very straight-laced. I've been told that I'm a very friendly person, but a lot of these women don't seem to want to associate with me because I'm not like them. I hate "normal" and strive to be unique and an individual.

They also don't seem to do anything but mommy and wife things. I refuse to lose my identity because I became a wife and mother. I have my own hobbies and interests outside of my kids and family, and I feel like I'm resented because of that. I do a lot of stuff with my kids and husband, but I also like to have time to myself. I believe it's important for a parent to have time to themselves. I don't go out all the time or every weekend though, but if the opportunity to go out comes up and I can financially go and I have someone to watch the kids, I'm going!

Does anyone else have a problem with making mommy friends?

Replies

• Hoppers33
    October 8, 2013 at 10:19 AM
    I'm 32 and my best friend is 49. I don't get along too well with moms my own age mainly because our parenting styles differ so much. I'm a bit like you and my main goal in life is not to be Little Susie Homemaker, which is the way a lot of them are. My idea of a good time isn't trading recipes and craft ideas.
  • 2ltlmonkeyz
    October 8, 2013 at 10:20 AM
    No I get along fine with other moms, I'm in TX too.
  • alexsmomaubrys2
    October 8, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I have a few friends my age but most are older than me.

• kmorales7690
    October 8, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Not really, most 23 year old mothers in my area are single, party every weekend, and on drugs. I just stay at home mainly and take care ofmy family like I should.

• staci1103
    October 8, 2013 at 10:22 AM
    Im 42 soon to ne 43 and I would have to say that ,ost my friends r my age if not slightly older. I dont think I have a problem making friends the same age as myself.
  • PookaboosMom
    October 8, 2013 at 10:23 AM
    We just moved to this area and I have yet to meet anyone my age. All of my neighbors are old.

I miss my neighborhood in Florida...we were all such good friends and had kids close in age that loved each other.
  • Apgsteenmommy
    October 8, 2013 at 10:23 AM

no :( i Know no other moms my age.........

my friend who was pregnant died...

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    October 9, 2013 at 1:01 AM
    Same here! That's the way most of the other moms around here seem to be, constantly on the go, volunteering, crafting, cooking and baking everything from scratch, just basically trying to be Mrs. Suzy Homemaker/Supermom, and they are always complaining how exhausted they are.

I don't fit into that mold and don't have any desire to try and keep up an exhausting facade.

Quoting Hoppers33:

I'm 32 and my best friend is 49. I don't get along too well with moms my own age mainly because our parenting styles differ so much. I'm a bit like you and my main goal in life is not to be Little Susie Homemaker, which is the way a lot of them are. My idea of a good time isn't trading recipes and craft ideas.
  • Anonymous 1
    October 9, 2013 at 1:02 AM
    Where in TX are you? I'm close to San Antonio.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

No I get along fine with other moms, I'm in TX too.
  • Anonymous 1
    October 9, 2013 at 1:03 AM
    I'm so sorry to hear that. When did she pass? How are you doing so far?

Quoting Apgsteenmommy:

no :( i Know no other moms my age.........

my friend who was pregnant died...

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts