Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Smoore922
How old is TOO old?! (To be "cool") LOL
October 5, 2013 at 1:13 AM

*Sorry about the length!*       

So, I am absolutely OBSESSED with music, Avenged Sevenfold (Rock) is my all time favorite band! I LOVE going to concerts so My Husband bought us VIP tickets and we were up close and personal last night at their concert!! I was in heaven! In the Pit, being almost squashed and moshed to death! I admit, I thoroughly enjoy mosh pits at these concerts and still go in them, sometimes even with my DAD! He's pretty awesome too.  

But anyway... Before the Concert;In the VIP line we stand, watching the truck loads of young punks walk up and suddenly.. BAM! Gray haired, clearly aged woman walks up with a band T-shirt and torn jeans, and looking like she is ready to Rock! Or have a heart attack... In the midst of "people watching" and "judging" this elderly lady I Looked at my husband and had a shocking glimpse of the future... That will be ME! And him.. We think we are so cool right now, and there are probably already kids here that think we are "too old" for this concert, let alone the PIT! I didn't know if I should laugh or cry (I laughed) thinking about our future as THAT couple you see dressed like they're still in their 20's well into their 50's 60's and beyond! And then I thought; My poor babies. My kids are going to be sooo embarrassed when they're older. Right now they think we are as cool as we think we are.. haha then I realized why mom did all the embarrassing things she did as we were growing up. It's hilarious!

Suddenly I can't wait to be that crazy rockstar wannabe lady dressing like she's a groupie at an Avenged concert... Although at that time my kids probably won't even know who they are... My husband wears skater clothes and him and my son sometimes match, and I don't think I own a pair of jeans without holes in them. We both have tattoos and plan to get more... I don't know, I think we are gonna pretty awesome "old people" LOL

what do you think? Do you still consider yourself "cool"? And how old is too old to wear ripped jeans?! haha

Replies

• Smoore922
    October 5, 2013 at 1:14 AM

At the concert last night!! :) 

• Jammin.
    by Jammin.
    October 5, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Uhn. 

• waffa
    by waffa
    October 5, 2013 at 1:17 AM

tl;dr

paragraphs and to the point posts?

• mattsgirl22521
    October 5, 2013 at 1:19 AM

No worries op you won't be the only one! Hubby and I will be right there with you! A7X is my all time favorite band!

• DevinAnnesmom
    October 5, 2013 at 1:23 AM
    I just went to a Hanson concert 2 weeks ago which makes me the epitome of UNcool lol, but I had a BLAST!! I'm 30 btw and my kids still think I'm the coolest person on the planet.
  • Smoore922
    October 5, 2013 at 1:26 AM

LOL! I think the fact that you just seen Hanson makes you super cool! I didn't even know they were still goin! I'm kinda jealous now, although I was always more of a Spice Girls fan! lol

Quoting DevinAnnesmom:

I just went to a Hanson concert 2 weeks ago which makes me the epitome of UNcool lol, but I had a BLAST!! I'm 30 btw and my kids still think I'm the coolest person on the planet.

• Smoore922
    October 5, 2013 at 1:28 AM

It's good to know we're not alone! lol! Avenged is AMAZING! They put on such a good show too!

Quoting mattsgirl22521:

No worries op you won't be the only one! Hubby and I will be right there with you! A7X is my all time favorite band!

• mattsgirl22521
    October 5, 2013 at 1:30 AM

They've been to Knoxville twice and I've been heartbroken that I had to work BOTH times. If they come here again I will go no matter what!

Quoting Smoore922:

It's good to know we're not alone! lol! Avenged is AMAZING! They put on such a good show too!

Quoting mattsgirl22521:

• lilsirsmomma
    October 5, 2013 at 1:38 AM
    I am 36. Last weekend I went to a "club" with some friends. I only recognized a few songs and had 1 beer bc I am breastfeeding. I felt a bit out of place and was thinking I am too old. Lol. The year before, I went to Vegas 3 times and partied it up. Amazing, the difference a pregnancy and a year can make.
  • DevinAnnesmom
    October 5, 2013 at 1:38 AM
    Haha Yeah they came back with a new sound/look. I was actually surprised at the amount of cussing and sexual innuendoes at the show, but my God they're hot!! I felt like a perv because zac is yummy now :P

Quoting Smoore922:

LOL! I think the fact that you just seen Hanson makes you super cool! I didn't even know they were still goin! I'm kinda jealous now, although I was always more of a Spice Girls fan! lol

Quoting DevinAnnesmom:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN