Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
spooky415
Got yelled at by a woman at Friendly's last night.
October 4, 2013 at 8:14 AM
DS earned enough points on his reward chart that he was able to pick out something to do. He picked going out to dinner and decided he wanted to go to Friendly's. So we get there and they're all decorated for Halloween. It was cute. Some of the decorations moved. There were these moaning ghosts that moved back and forth across this wire. They were activated by noise or movement...but usually they got them going by clapping. So the servers would do it for the kids when they were on their way to the table. We were seated right next to one of them. I didn't mind. DS made a big deal out of it, acting like he was scared, bc that's what he does for attention. Its obnoxious but we got him to knock it off.

Well, there was this bigger kid who was seated on the other side of the restaurant that seriously spent the entire time we were there clapping at the ghost by our table. It was really annoying. Every two minutes (I'm not exaggerating) he would clap and it would go off. Not only was the clapping annoying (not the decoration-his clapping) but he was in people's way! He bumped into our table numerous times and almost knocked over my soda, servers had to say "Excuse me" multiple times and he just kept clapping.

So I finally had enough and I said VERY NICELY "Hey honey. Why don't you go sit with your family for awhile? Maybe give some of the people who are coming in a chance to try the ghost."

Well, he very nicely said "Ok" and wandered back to his table and then about five minutes later I hear loud talking and this big woman comes over and starts yelling at me about how I was nasty to her kid and he has every right to play with the toys and if a white or hispanic kid was doing it (weird, right? Hispanic?) I'd be fine with it. So I'm just like "Look. They're not toys. They're decorations. They're not meant to be messed with constantly. I was nice. Please leave."

So she like left and then sat in the back and kept bitching about me and our server said she even asked that I be removed from the restaurant. The manager said that I hadn't really done anything to warrant being removed from the business lol. Then when she was walking out she made a point to cross and go over my way and breathe heavily and stare at me. I just smiled.

I mean, really. How ridiculous. She should have had enough common sense to not let her kid-who was at least 8 or 9-mess with that thing constantly. Even my five year old knows that when you're in a restaurant, you sit down.

Replies

• Anonymous 26
    by Anonymous 26
    October 5, 2013 at 1:41 PM
    I wouldn't of said anything to the kid. The clapping is not going to kill you and this restaurant seems like its a place for kids.
  • GirlWithANikon
    October 5, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I know right, honey. What was she thinking calling a child such a vile word??? She didn't reprimand him she asked him to get away from her table basically. Why do we live in a world where we can't speak to each other and need a middle man to do ANYTHING at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't reprimand another person's kid, and I would have been furious if you called my child "honey".  You should have told the server or the manager and let them deal with it.  

• Anonymous 9
    by Anonymous 9
    October 5, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Well, I don't know...I guess I would say, "you don't know my child so don't call him honey".  To me that is weird and condescending.  I don't think people should reprimand other people's kids unless the parent isn't around and it is a dangerous situation.  It would have been more appropriate to let the staff at the restaurant handle it.

Quoting GirlWithANikon:

I know right, honey. What was she thinking calling a child such a vile word??? She didn't reprimand him she asked him to get away from her table basically. Why do we live in a world where we can't speak to each other and need a middle man to do ANYTHING at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't reprimand another person's kid, and I would have been furious if you called my child "honey".  You should have told the server or the manager and let them deal with it.  

• spooky415
    October 5, 2013 at 10:05 PM
    It wasnt just the clapping. He was jumping up and down and bumping into us.

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't of said anything to the kid. The clapping is not going to kill you and this restaurant seems like its a place for kids.
  • spooky415
    October 5, 2013 at 10:06 PM
    I wasn't trying to reprimand him. I was trying to get him away from our table before he knocked our drinks over.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, I don't know...I guess I would say, "you don't know my child so don't call him honey".  To me that is weird and condescending.  I don't think people should reprimand other people's kids unless the parent isn't around and it is a dangerous situation.  It would have been more appropriate to let the staff at the restaurant handle it.

Quoting GirlWithANikon:

Quoting Anonymous:

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN