Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I don't know what they mean... *warning: miscarriage*
by Anonymous
September 25, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I had a miscarriage. I am taking the medicine to help it pass since it was not passing on its own. Doc said if I soak a pad in an hour to go to the ER. But what is soaked? Does that mean dripping with blood? Or just full? I had 2 pads, 2 seperate hours that were full. There were still some bare spots (like at the front and back). Help?

Replies

• cerainwondrland
    September 25, 2013 at 5:04 PM
    I'm not sure,but call the nurse line asap
  • TheDrsRose
    September 25, 2013 at 5:04 PM

They mean to the point where it is full, where you are bleeding through the pad.

• kitty8199
    September 25, 2013 at 5:05 PM
    Means needing to be changed or its going to leak.

Are you passing big clots? Are you getting dizzy.
  • cjsix
    by cjsix
    September 25, 2013 at 5:05 PM
    Momma that is what he means...that is too much blood and not good. Please go in.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    September 25, 2013 at 5:09 PM

I am not bleeding through...

Quoting TheDrsRose:

They mean to the point where it is full, where you are bleeding through the pad.

• hautemama83
    September 25, 2013 at 5:09 PM
    If you need to change a super absorbent pad twice an hour, because it cannot hold anymore....go to the er or call your dr.
  • TheDrsRose
    September 25, 2013 at 5:10 PM

If you look at the underside of the pad when you remove it can you see the blood sitting against the plastic surface? If so,then yes you are. There is plastic there to prevent it form getting on your clothes but that's what they mean.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TheDrsRose:

• Anonymous 1
    September 25, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Its not to that point (change or leak). But to the point where I feel like I have to change it because it feels gross. Big clots (squishy golf ball sized and smaller, one larger). No dizziness. Cramps but they said that was normal. The nurse said not to worry about the clots and the size/amount sounds normal. 

Quoting kitty8199:

Means needing to be changed or its going to leak.

Are you passing big clots? Are you getting dizzy.

• Anonymous 1
    September 25, 2013 at 5:14 PM

See now I always thought bleeding through was full on bleeding through and leaking. I need to check this pad (3rd hour) and see. Then I may need to find a babysitter for my son. 

Quoting TheDrsRose:

If you look at the underside of the pad when you remove it can you see the blood sitting against the plastic surface? If so,then yes you are. There is plastic there to prevent it form getting on your clothes but that's what they mean.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TheDrsRose:

• Anonymous 1
    September 25, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Not 2 pads in one hour. One pad per hour for 2 hours. I am in the third hour right now. Sorry. I tried to word it better then how I worded it to the nurse. I failed.

Quoting hautemama83:

If you need to change a super absorbent pad twice an hour, because it cannot hold anymore....go to the er or call your dr.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts