Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Let's see your overweight children!
by Anonymous
September 25, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Mobile Photo

Since schools are apparently telling us our kids are over or underweight and suggesting our larger children need to see drs let's post pictures of our "obese" or overweight children. By the way....my dr told me that labeling children as obese is BS. Sure some kids actually have weight issues but it extremely inaccurate to label anyone as obese before puberty.

My son is big. 94%.....always has been! He's got some chub sure but I definitely wouldn't consider him obese. He's a super healthy eater and extremely active. He is 8, 53in (4ft5) and 84lbs.

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    September 25, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Mobile Photo

Another photo
  • olliesmommy2
    September 25, 2013 at 3:53 PM
    How frickin cute! I don't post pics but my sons a big dude too, he will be 3 soon and he's 40 in tall and 43 lbs.
  • Dzyre1115
    September 25, 2013 at 3:54 PM

No pics on here......cute kids!

• sweetnsassymami
    September 25, 2013 at 3:54 PM
    My 7 yr old is 44lbs she's tall and thin. I've been told she's underweight. Whatever its genetics and she's fine.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    September 25, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I got the opposite letter. My ds who is almost 10 is 4'1 and 50lbs. They not only sent a letter home they sent one to his doc. I'm only 5'3 and exbf is 5'6. He's not going to be as tall as his brother. Dh is 6'3 and they assumed he was ds' Bio dad and it "worried" them.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    September 25, 2013 at 3:56 PM
    I think that's about what my DS was at 3.

My DD on the other hand is the exact opposite. She is 4.5, 41in and 34lbs. Way opposite end of the charts lol

Quoting olliesmommy2:How frickin cute! I don't post pics but my sons a big dude too, he will be 3 soon and he's 40 in tall and 43 lbs.
  • NorseGodessMom
    September 25, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Sorry, Dr. said Owl is 98% she is tall and lean

• cateringtomel
    September 25, 2013 at 3:58 PM

wow.. when i read the title i thought what? so these women can rip them to shreds?!

cute kiddos

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    September 25, 2013 at 3:59 PM
    Your child is in the overweight category is the bmi I would guess... They don't label children obese, just overweight, at risk of becoming overweight, within the normal range, at risk of becoming underweight and underweight

At 84 pounds at 53 inches, your child seems huge to me.
  • KGreen75
    September 25, 2013 at 4:00 PM

My 10 year old, some jackass on here called her fat...

My 3 year old, she is just the right size for her height/age according to her pediatrician

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN