Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Cafe Steph
8 Things I Felt Guilty About When I Dropped My Kid Off at School This Morning - What have you felt guilty about?
September 25, 2013 at 8:37 AM

8 Things I Felt Guilty About When I Dropped My Kid Off at School This Morning

by Jacqueline Burt

kids backpacksThe academic year is barely underway, but from the load of parental guilt I'm lugging around, you'd think it was mid-March. Usually I don't reach this level of school-related maternal self-loathing until at least a couple of sub-par, hastily thrown together science projects and/or book reports have been handed in late -- and yet, here we are, not even done with September and I'm already stewing in remorse. Dang, we haven't even hit "I forgot to sign the permission slip" season yet!

Tonight, it's all I can do to recall, with a cringe, the many mistakes I made when I sent my almost 8-year-old son to school this morning ...

1. His fingernails were so dirty his teacher probably thinks I make him moonlight as a coal miner

2. The sleeves on his jacket were about half-an-inch short of his wrists (I could have sworn that thing fit last week!)

3. His breakfast consisted of one bite of a banana and a swig of lemonade (pink)

4. Neither one of us could remember how many pages of "Ramona the Brave" he read last night so I wrote a made-up number on his reading log and signed it

5. His socks didn't match

6. The "leave at home" side of his folder hasn't been emptied out since the first day of school

7. His lunch included potato chips for the 5th day in a row

8. I forgot to fill out his Scholastic Book Order form again

Ugh. Wonder what new guilt tomorrow will bring??

What do you feel guilty about so far this school year?

Replies

• Lorena
    by Lorena
    September 25, 2013 at 8:46 AM
    So far the only thing I feel guilty about is not something I have any control over. Every other Friday I do not get to see what is in my skids bags because bm picks them up as soon as they get off the bus. She then takes them to school that Monday. This last Friday she wrote me a note. I didn't see it so it was not answered. She wrote me a ling note about answering notes that she sends. Ugh
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    September 25, 2013 at 8:49 AM

I don't do any of those things.  That would completely embarrass me, especially the one about the fingernails and the too-short sleeves.  I always make sure my kids look nice before they leave in the morning, and hygiene is an absolute must in our house.  They should have changed the name of the list to "8 ways to be a lazy mom"

• vegaswife2011
    September 25, 2013 at 8:51 AM

I feel guilty that our mornings just suck period! Lol

• mommyoflittles
    September 25, 2013 at 8:51 AM

My son is having some medical issues so i am writing a not to the teacher eversay and results from a test so dont feel son this or that. The meds hes on might have a reaction. I wear they think i have to be the most annoying mom in the class.

• jmama0307
    September 25, 2013 at 9:00 AM

OK one of the most thing I feel really guilty is when my son comes home and he uniform shirt is dirty. He puts it the other day. I only got 3 shirts so he dirty all of them and I hand wash one so it's still wet so he has to put the dirty one. I feel horrible sending him to school like that but if school didn't have uniform he would be wearing good clothes and not the same repeated shirt. 

• teddysmama09
    September 25, 2013 at 9:01 AM
    I feel guilty that I didn't walk him to school like I said I would and had to drop him off at the kiss and ride instead. I didn't even get a chance to give him a kiss, but we were running super late.

Fortunately I drew a heart on his hand (like every morning) to remind him mommy, daddy and his teacher all love him very much.
  • AvengedMommy101
    September 25, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I let DD5 do her own hair in the mornings now to save us both from getting frustrated. She won't sit still and I make her tilt her head back when I do it which is uncomfortable... Do it yourself then, problem solved.

• Jblb
    by Jblb
    September 25, 2013 at 9:04 AM
    My dd said she didn't want to leave her baby brother & I at home alone!!! I think she feels guilty lol
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    September 25, 2013 at 9:04 AM

This is my dd's first year of school and I admit that I drive myself crazy trying to get everything perfect and organized. One morning she biffed and scratched her face under her eye just an hour before school. She went in red and puffy, I thought for sure I was going to get a call. That's about it so-far though.

• daisyhatespeach
    September 25, 2013 at 9:06 AM
    I had a guilt-free morning.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts