Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
How do you teach your kids spirituality?
by Anonymous
September 23, 2013 at 12:59 AM

How do you do it? Were spiritual but not part of organized religion. What is the best way to teach spirituality? Were worried since most of our families are Christian they will try to lead our kids toward Christianity. Which is fine for them to choose once they're old enough to make that decision but right now they would just follow what they are told blindly. We want independent thinkers. Please give us input!

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    September 23, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Plz help!

• wixychixy
    September 23, 2013 at 1:02 AM

He's 3.  I'm pagan.  I will explain to him what I believe when he is older and allow him to choose the path that is right for him.  I was raised in a family with a lot of strict "Christians".  I never felt comfortable or agreed with them, so I chose my own path.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    September 23, 2013 at 1:03 AM

We are practicing Catholics with kids in Catholic school.  I can't help you, but here's a bump.

• Anonymous 1
    September 23, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Thank you!

Quoting Anonymous:

We are practicing Catholics with kids in Catholic school.  I can't help you, but here's a bump.

• Anonymous 1
    September 23, 2013 at 1:05 AM

What age do you think is good to start teaching this type of subject?

Quoting wixychixy:

He's 3.  I'm pagan.  I will explain to him what I believe when he is older and allow him to choose the path that is right for him.  I was raised in a family with a lot of strict "Christians".  I never felt comfortable or agreed with them, so I chose my own path.

• Anonymous 1
    September 23, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Bump

• autodidact
    September 23, 2013 at 1:09 AM

have you looked into The UU church? I hear they have great programs for kids.

also check out the Ethical Society movement

• mommy1234242
    September 23, 2013 at 1:10 AM

I believe that everything is a part of G-d and that is basically how I went about explaining it to my kids - to enjoy nature and all that makes up the universe - including the nonliving things like rocks and land - I"m a pantheist by the way

• autodidact
    September 23, 2013 at 1:11 AM

think about the qualities you want spirituality to build in them: gratitude, community, compassion, then find ways to bring them into your lives.

• Anonymous 1
    September 23, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Haven't heard of it but I will check it out. Thank you!

Quoting autodidact:

have you looked into The UU church? I hear they have great programs for kids.

also check out the Ethical Society movement

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts