Mom Confessions

flowerfunleah
My kid won't GET a gazillion Christmas presents this year because she doesn't need them.
September 22, 2013 at 11:17 PM

santa green

Our daughter is three years old and this year she is getting exactly three Christmas presents.

Why???

Because she's three. 

Because other people will be giving her presents.

Because she already has tons of toys. 

Because her birthday is in the last week of November and she'll get presents for that. 

Because she's three. Or will be anyway. 

We're also buying her gifts ahead of time. She's getting a lala-oopsie doll, a jack-in-the-box Caillou (cutest darn thing ever), and pink lego duplo lego's (because I believe she's ready to move past mega-blox).  And that's it! My kid is doesn't need a ton of gifts and as she gets older she won't either.  

Replies

• momto2boys973
    September 22, 2013 at 11:21 PM
    I'm just happy we don't celebrate Christmas. No worries about gifts and money!
  • KrissyKC
    September 22, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Our kids get three each.   Not because they are three, but because we are Christian and according to the account in the bible, the wisemen brought three gifts to Jesus.   It's a nice way to limit their gifts and honor a little tradition in our home.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    September 22, 2013 at 11:23 PM
    Dude, it's September ...
  • villagemamma
    September 22, 2013 at 11:23 PM

I dont buy many presents for my dd either. thats not really what christmas is even about and she will get so many from other people that theres no point.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    September 22, 2013 at 11:24 PM
    My kids get 5 Santa gifts and about 30 from the rest of the family. They'll be all good. Lol
  • HistoryNutty
    My kid gets one. We're going to get her a kid tough camera this year.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    Our entire family has cut down and its so much better.
  • cklamour
    September 22, 2013 at 11:25 PM
    That's how I feel about my son. With so many toys, and Christmas not too far away, why am I going to spend hundreds to add to the cluster F.

I already made his list, and dammit my OCD has checked it over 10 times. This is going to be a very different Christmas for him.
  • KGreen75
    Ok
  • pookiward
    My son is 15 all he wants is cash so that's all i'm giving him.

Mom Confessions