Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Is this weird?
by Anonymous
September 18, 2013 at 2:49 AM
My kids calls dh papa and me mama.

Is it the norm or a bit common to hear papa around where you are? We live in Boston and its not really popular here but I think it's semi-normal where we're from; Utah.

....I know mama is common. I was asking if papa was common or normal to you.

Replies

• Pink.Sunshine.
    September 18, 2013 at 2:49 AM

My sons call me Mama. I don't know why, or where they got it from but I just go with it.

• SinaiJ
    by SinaiJ
    September 18, 2013 at 2:52 AM

Whelp... I'm considered as Mama Bear, my babe Papa Bear, our oldest Goofy Bear and our youngest Baby Bear haha Mama is more common than you would think :o)

• amandamarielee
    I called my grandpa papa. Don't know why but it was my first word... my kids call me mama or mommy andcall their father dad or daddy.
  • liltampa71

My son used to call me mama.  Now it's mommy-salami - but he's just weird.

• SillyPenguin
    September 18, 2013 at 2:54 AM
    I called my grandpa papa but one of my ex's called his dad papa.
  • PinkOwlStuffy
    September 18, 2013 at 2:55 AM

I call my mom Mama. Papa to me sounds more like a grandpa than a dad, but that might just be me.

• 3MusketeerMama
    September 18, 2013 at 2:58 AM

My husband's dad went by Pops to his kids and now Papa to the grandkids but it isn't very common for a dad to be Papa where I live except with Hispanic cultures. My FIL is from OK but I don't know if it is a more popular name there too. 

I don't know how I hit the italics button, sorry.

• LiDoMama
    September 18, 2013 at 3:00 AM

Well my kids call me Mama, hence part of my screename. My kids call my husband dad. They call my dad Papa. But I know where I'm from its not uncommon for people to call their dad Papa. My grandmother always calls my husband Papa when talking to the kids about him (she visits us a lot-about once a month) and it confuses the heck out of them. 

I always called my dad "dad" and my grandpa "pappy". 

• Princess_s21
    September 18, 2013 at 3:01 AM

Its not common where I am no, I dont think its weird though, less common in America I think, there are other nationalities where its very common, like French

• krissy920
    September 18, 2013 at 3:12 AM

i have heard papa more for a term for a grandpa where as you know moma is just common for mom

Mom Confessions