Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
I like Walmart... It's also the largest store I've ever been in...
by Anonymous
September 8, 2013 at 12:13 PM
We live in a small town.
In town there's two stores, dollar general and Mackeys grocery/hardware. And two gas stations.

So we shop in the next town over, which is where dh and I grew up.

Largest store there is Walmart.

There's not a whole lot of stores in that town either.

I grew up with my mom shopping at Walmart.

And I still shop there.

I've never had a problem with anyone being rude.

I've never had crappy service there.

I've never seen anything crazy there.

The cashiers have ways been friendly.

The store isn't filthy.

How many of you like shopping at Walmart?

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    September 8, 2013 at 12:20 PM
    I like the Walmart in the town closest to me. It is beyond huge, almost like a warehouse. It too, is clean, no weird dressed people, friendly employees. This Walmart has everything, plus a great variety of choices in food, clothes...just anything. It is by far the best Walmart I have been to. When I see "Walmart" stories, I'm kind of surprised.
  • sarasunshine99
    September 8, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I like shopping at Bloomingdales...and the 59th Street Flagship is the largest store I've ever been in.  My mom used to take my sister and I when we were young and I still shop there to this day.  Employees are always more than helpful and gracious...as are other customers.  I love that we live in a country that offers shopping options for everyone.  And because one person chooses to shop at a store that another does not, it is not wrong.  I have choices.  

• proudmommy690
    September 8, 2013 at 12:39 PM
    I always shop there! I love walmart lol...but the one close to us is getting crappy about having things on the shelves.
  • ame85
    by ame85
    September 8, 2013 at 12:40 PM
    The ones here are all in poor neighborhoods and some of the people are very rude. I have had good experiences too but honestly I'd rather shop at Costco. Their employees have a better work life, better benefits, and more job satisfaction. I like supporting that sort of corporation.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    September 8, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Well, if you don know any better then....But seriously if you've never shopped any where else than how can you tell if Wal-Mart is crappy? Also I think your small town Wal-Mart probably has a much different feel and clientele as one in an urban area.

• LyTe684
    by LyTe684
    September 8, 2013 at 12:43 PM
    Where I live, Target is better. It's bigger with more variety.
  • DragonInfinity
    September 8, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Our walmart isn't bad. I enjoy shopping there.

As for crappy service, crazy, cashiers being friendly or not, store filthy, etc.............you can/will get that ANYWHERE you go. :)

• VannaMae307
    September 8, 2013 at 12:50 PM

I don't shop at walmart, I can go to the PX, commissary, or HEB and get just as much for the same price if not cheaper...especially at the PX where it's tax free. I try to avoid wal-mart, I live on the edge of the city where it's calm and everyone is polite...going "into town" for wal-mart is like a whole new world...not calm, not polite.

• vegaswife2011
    September 8, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I don't like it but sometimes I have to go there. 

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN