Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
blsdbyangel07
Has Anyone Been In Inpatient Treatment??
September 7, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Naeem had 3 rages this week. One a few hrs ago and im still very numb. Im so hurt... Ive cried a lot :'(

Search my posts if you are clue less. But he sees his therapist on Wednesday so we are hoping she can put him in inpatient. Im very disgusted with myself but wondering if anyone can explain what happens in inpatient treatment?

*sigh*

Replies

• blsdbyangel07
    September 7, 2013 at 4:14 PM
    Come on... Someone please help me :(
  • 2ltlmonkeyz
    September 7, 2013 at 4:16 PM
    I was wondering about you Idk the whole story but from what I DO know you are doing the right thing
  • 2ltlmonkeyz
    September 7, 2013 at 4:16 PM
    No I haven't been
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    September 7, 2013 at 4:17 PM
    What state are you in? Do you have private insurance?

Most inpatient is acute, a week maybe two to stabilize. They'll make referrals.
  • blsdbyangel07
    September 7, 2013 at 4:18 PM
    Search my sn in Newscomers :) the story from the get go is in there. Lemme see if i can find the link for you. Just a second.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

I was wondering about you Idk the whole story but from what I DO know you are doing the right thing
  • MyraEllen
    September 7, 2013 at 4:19 PM
    I work at a substance abuse treatment center for adults, we have inpatient treatment there. So that's all I know.

But here's a bump for someone who might know. Try not to beat yourself up, mama. You're doing the best you can for your baby.
  • BoppyMom
    September 7, 2013 at 4:19 PM
    My son is 7 & is in inpatient treatment as we speak...since tuesday. My heart is breaking. It's the first time. I'm so sorry mama.
  • sugarcrisp
    September 7, 2013 at 4:20 PM

I'm sorry hun. I have no idea about inpatient for kids. My friends boyfriend was inpatient for a while but I'm sure that's very different. 

Good luck. *hugs*

• LyTe684
    by LyTe684
    September 7, 2013 at 4:24 PM
    Hugs. Sorry hon.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    September 7, 2013 at 4:24 PM
    My 14 yr old daughter has been inpatient twice this year. One was an acute stay for suicide attempt, and one was long term about 6 weeks later for hallucinations that "attacked" her. She was raped & beaten at a public event & was suffering from PTSD. On both accounts, a mental health assessor was called to gather information from me &her. The assessor then called the psychiatrist on call at the hospital who wrote admission orders.
    The first visit she stayed 9 days, and the second visit she stayed 108 days. She is still enrolled in extensive outpatient therapy. However, the hospitalization was the best thing to happen. She no longer allows her memories of the assault control her. Although we are going through the legal battle now, she is at peace.
    Good luck with your decision. Big hugs

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts