Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Teen Sex at Home?
by Anonymous
September 7, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Would you allow your 16 year old that is in a 2 year relationship to sleep with her boyfriend at your house?  My sister is allowing this and her reasoning is that it's much safer for them to be at home?

Replies

• TippySpring
    September 8, 2013 at 10:09 PM
    My mom left me and my sister have boys spend the night for years. We always had co ed parties and sleepovers. And when i was 16 she left my bf spend the night with me in my bed. When i was 17 and decided that i was ready to lose my v card, i told her and she took me to the clinic to get on birth control. When she was young she had to sneak around and ended up in alleys and she didnt want that for my sister or me. I personally thonk that no matter how hard you try, you will never be able to stop a kid from having sex and it is so much better to just let them do it safly in your home than to worry about them being hurt or caught in a public place.
  • monicas3w
    September 8, 2013 at 10:13 PM

No way. I find it disrespectful.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    September 8, 2013 at 10:14 PM
    We don't even allow dating until college.
  • LysNVantesMom
    September 8, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Sex is not just sex when sex can also equal diseases and pregnancy.  Some people on here act like sex is as simple as a dinner date...I don't get it.  My children can and do know they are more than welcome to be open and honest with me as well, but they also know that I am their parent first and their friend second.

Quoting momoftwo0406:

What does morals have to do with here? At least the 16 year old feels comfortable enough to go to her mother. They sound like they can be open and honest with each other.

Not everyone thinks you should wait till marriage and that doesn't make them bad people. Sex is just sex to some.

Quoting LysNVantesMom:

Um, no, where are the morals?  What is this teaching a child?

• Tina972
    by Tina972
    September 8, 2013 at 10:20 PM
    No I would not. It's as bad for your 11 year old daughter to have her boyfriend over and allowing them to sneak around in her closet and when she turned 15 she had 18 year old boyfriend having sex when her parents allow it.
  • leigh333
    No what the hell are you teaching them. Are you going to welcome a baby too, accidents and oops happen to married and non married adults.
  • swedemom3

If the parents allow this there are teaching their daughter that a boy can use their daughter for sex. She is not an object. Does this boy plan to marry her soon? what will they do if  she gets pregnant? aboiet  the baby? or put it up for adoption or keep it??  Making love is a deep connection and what happens when he just leaves, will she be suicidal? she loves him? how will this make her feel ? the parents are wrong and not teaching them any values and they are not teaching their daughter to respect herself. Does she wana marry this guy and do he also wana marry her? Are thery in love?  Has she talked to his parents? Do they know they sleep together at your house? i dont think the parents are acting like parents. If these kids wana do adult  roles they must commit and act like adults. These kids are playing with fire and parents shouldnt encourage it.

• Diane1223
    September 8, 2013 at 10:21 PM
    NEVER!!!
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    September 8, 2013 at 10:35 PM
    Not in a million years. My daughter and her boyfriend have been together for five years and not once until they were 18-1/2 and he moved in with us. They are 21 and having there first child together in five months. No 16 year old is sleeping with anyone in my home. My daughters best friend and her girlfriend stay over sometimes too and until they were 18 they weren't allowed spending the night together in our home.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    September 8, 2013 at 10:48 PM
    My boyfriend and I lived together when I was 15. 7 years later we're engaged with two kids. I won't allow my kids to live with their boyfriends/girlfriends at that age, but the harder you try to prevent your kids from having sex, the more they want to do it, so they'll be educated, and provided with birth control.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts