Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
S/O of drugging your child to sleep
by Anonymous
September 6, 2013 at 11:05 PM

What do you think about parents who give their children Benadryl for the sole purpose of making them fall asleep? Is that ok? Does it depend on the age of the child? 

Parents who give their children Benadryl to fall asleep are:
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 69% - crappy parents
  2. 6% - are great, their kids, their rules
  3. 24% - mustard seeds

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    September 6, 2013 at 11:07 PM

bump

• 2Sparrows4ever
    September 6, 2013 at 11:07 PM
    I personally wouldn't do it, I've never done it. I suppose a mommas got to do what a mommas got to do though.. So mustard seeds
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    September 6, 2013 at 11:08 PM
    I don't necessarily think you're a crappy parent if you've done it, only if it's a regular thing. One time because you're exhausted beyond belief and the kid absolutely will not sleep won't hurt anything. If you're doing it all the time...yeah, you suck.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    September 6, 2013 at 11:10 PM
    Honestly if I don't know the situation then I can't really judge...

Dd is almost 4 and she just started sleeping through the night... I have been pretty much functioning on 4-6 hours of sleep a night for almost 4 years because of this. If I worked and wasn't a sahm then I might of tries something. I won't lie. But since I only have her and I'm a sahm I could do it.
  • LucyMom08
    September 6, 2013 at 11:11 PM
    Using things like Benadryl is crossing a line, IMO...
  • Punchyobuns
    September 6, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I can't say I'd NEVER do it. I'm starting to get pretty sleepy lol. If I had an older kid that was having trouble sleeping I would give Benadryl sure. But my lil baby? She likes snuggles.

• vegaswife2011
    September 6, 2013 at 11:12 PM

No I don't think that's ok. 

• michelles89
    September 6, 2013 at 11:16 PM
    My brothers gf gave their daughter cough syrup to put her to sleep every night I do t think its ok. I've only used small doses of melatonin directed by his pedi and once he started his sleep schedule I took hi off now he falls asleep fairly quickly
  • newmom3012
    September 6, 2013 at 11:17 PM
    Disgusting.
  • BobKitten13
    September 6, 2013 at 11:20 PM
    Considering my child could some how run on 3 hours of sleep during a 24 hour period......yep i did. Nothing you did could wear this child out. That was from 1 and a half to 3 yrs old she could do this. Doctor wanted it done as well. And at that age we all know that age group is very active. When she was 2 and a half the doc told me about melitoion (sp) and we were using that. Finally around 3 she could and would sleep at least 6 hours a night so i stopped using it. She is now 5 and a half and is on sleeping meds again. This time a prescription bc the other OTC meds dont work. She takes one pill at about 4:30pm and then another around 11:30 or 12 that night. It is for her health.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts