Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
CuriousArentYa
Question for those who lost their baby in the last trimester
September 4, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Thank you to everybody who has shared their story. I was very worried when posting this that I would offend somebody or just catch a lot of grief over my curiosity. The stories are so sad, yet it has also shown me that there are so many amazingly strong women in this group. I have four kids (a set of twins), especially with the twins I was always scared of losing one. I just can't imagine. My twins were born at 27 weeks and while I always knew how fortunate we were to have such healthy babies this has been a major reminder. 

I have also noticed that a few women have said that these stories have also helped them. I am so glad that these stories were able to help.

First of all, I am very sorry for your loss.

Secondly, please forgive me if these are rude questions to ask. A friend of mine lost her baby that was due next month this past Monday. They are absolutely devastated (understandably). I have spent a lot of time the past few days thinking of them and their loss. I have questions that are driving me crazy but I would never in a million years ask my friend, so I thought I try to get some answers from other people.

What did you do with the clothes and baby gear? Did you keep them for the next baby (I am pretty sure they will try again) or did you get rid of them? What about stuff that was personalized? 

I know everybody will have different answers, I just can't get this question out of my head for some reason. 

*Thank you very much to those who have shared, I really appreciate it and again, I am very sorry for your loss*

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    September 4, 2013 at 6:30 PM

do they make you "give birth" at that point or do they cut the baby out of you?

• CuriousArentYa
    September 4, 2013 at 6:30 PM

My friend had an emergency c section. 

Quoting Anonymous:

do they make you "give birth" at that point or do they cut the baby out of you?

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    September 4, 2013 at 6:32 PM
    I sold my daughters travel system but kept her bedding as a keepsake. I sold her crib but kept all her clothes. It's been 7 years and I still have her clothes and blankets
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    September 4, 2013 at 6:33 PM

My daughter was stillborn at 32w. I still have the clothes that we bought for her.  I did not use them when we had another daughter. I do have a stuffed animal that was given to me that I would have given to my daughter, I allow my children to play with it. 

• my.sonshine
    September 4, 2013 at 6:33 PM

This is such a big fear of mine. How heartbreaking!

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    September 4, 2013 at 6:35 PM

do you keep that stuffed animal separate?

Quoting Anonymous:

My daughter was stillborn at 32w. I still have the clothes that we bought for her.  I did not use them when we had another daughter. I do have a stuffed animal that was given to me that I would have given to my daughter, I allow my children to play with it. 

• SyllabaryBisque
    September 4, 2013 at 6:36 PM
    I'm 30 weeks along and this is the most devastating post I've ever read on CM. I'm so sorry to all who reply...
  • chrissara1011
    September 4, 2013 at 6:36 PM

I donated all my sons things except 1 stuffed dog I buried with him....they made me carry him until I went into natural labor

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    September 4, 2013 at 6:37 PM
    What's the usual cause of a child being stillborn?
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    September 4, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Not really.  When my son was born he used it very rarely.  I put it back up. Took it back down when my daughter was born and now she loves on it.  I explained to both of them (when they were old enough to understand of course, and old enough to do damage) where it came from and how special it is.  

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts