Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
mistressflora
I am sad that things like this happen, all the time.
September 3, 2013 at 11:42 PM

My dh is a avid biker, and he has a bunch of biker friends from this forum he goes to (kinda like how I go here lol)  anyways, he just found out one of the guys friends was on his bike with his wife and a truck ran a red light and hit them, killing the wife instantly and hes in the hospital, they dont think he is going to make it.

I just wish people would be careful especially around bikers.  I get so scared with my dh going out, but its so much cheaper in gas, he takes it to work and I just lay there waiting for him to call saying he got in.  I am not saying its not always the bikers fault but  alot of the time it isnt. Its always someone saying ' i didnt see them" I see bikes when i am driving just fine.  These people have families, I just feel like people who cause any sort of accident dont think about that. No one should be on their cell phones, or really doing anything that would take that much distraction to take your eyes off the road like that! 

its depressing. I hope that guy lives. 

rant over 

Replies

• Girl-Friday
    September 3, 2013 at 11:43 PM

sending prayers

• mistressflora
    September 3, 2013 at 11:44 PM

very much appreciated, thank you! 

Quoting Girl-Friday:

sending prayers

• lovinmykiddo07
    I'm always terrified that I'm going to hit a biker. It goes both ways tho. I can't tell you how many times I've seen bikers weaving in and out of traffic super fast, cutting people off, and just being plain wreckless.
  • lovinmykiddo07
    On a side note. I hope the guy is okay & kook be praying for him & his family.
  • Ashgambit
    September 3, 2013 at 11:46 PM
    My parents did rallies for a while. I was always waiting for that phone call. Thankfully I never got it. They've been in wrecks but they always had the leather supported jackets, helmets, jeans and/or riding pants, etc. they had a lot of friends die though. People just don't pay attention.
  • mistressflora

yeah me to! and I resent bikers who drive like that.  this one though apparently from what I was told, was a very careful rider, my dh is the same way, he goes a little under the speed limit, and is always looking out, an that helps a little but still cant control the other driver.  Just the other week there was a bike accident here these kids (like 20) where driving recklessly and hit a van, the one kid died the others are in the hospital needing reconstructive surgery. Its not that I dont feel bad for them, but they really need to be careful.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

I'm always terrified that I'm going to hit a biker. It goes both ways tho. I can't tell you how many times I've seen bikers weaving in and out of traffic super fast, cutting people off, and just being plain wreckless.

• sugarcrisp

My uncle is a biker and I worry about him often. I like when the weather in his area doesn't permit biking. lol

I hope this guy pulls through.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    September 3, 2013 at 11:47 PM
    Sorry for the man and his wife but bikers knowingly endanger themselves, they have no protection whatsoever, I have said it many many times I would rather keep all of my skin and life intact that ride a bike...I can say I have honestly not seen one in my blind spot before and it totally pissed the guy off but it was total accident and I wasn't distracted he was almost hidden...
  • mistressflora

yep. thats how my dh is, all leather and jeans, I see so many people riding in shorts and I just smh

Quoting Ashgambit:

My parents did rallies for a while. I was always waiting for that phone call. Thankfully I never got it. They've been in wrecks but they always had the leather supported jackets, helmets, jeans and/or riding pants, etc. they had a lot of friends die though. People just don't pay attention.

• AtillaTheHun
    That is terrible!! :'( My heart goes out to him and the family.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts