Mom Confessions

Anonymous
Yes... I realize my daughter is small...ETA pics
by Anonymous
August 30, 2013 at 3:36 PM

We don't need it pointed out all the time. 

Yes I feed her.  Yes she eats.  In fact, she eats a very healthy diet. 

She is 10 and not yet 60 lbs.  She wears a size 8 and they are big in the waist.  She is EXTREMELY active.  Crazy busy.  Never sits still.  She is a dancer and a runner.  She eats like a grown man.

But please quit acting shocked when you learn she is 10.  She is already self consious about her size.

Replies

• ColtsFan1912
    August 30, 2013 at 3:38 PM

My son's like that too. 

• Mrs.Vallo
    August 30, 2013 at 3:38 PM

my daughter is small for her size as well. I hate when people look and stare. People need to mind their own business

• Mish321
    by Mish321
    August 30, 2013 at 3:39 PM

There is nothing wrong with being small. I was always a small child, so are my kids. 

When I was in HS a teachers would ask me if we had food in our house:-)

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    August 30, 2013 at 3:39 PM
    Is that small for a 10 year old? My niece is a little over 60 pounds and 10 and I thought she was average?
  • pamelax3
    August 30, 2013 at 3:40 PM

people need to give it up, as active as she is, she is going to be small

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    August 30, 2013 at 3:40 PM

My oldest has always been like that. He eats like a grown man. (almost 11) Some people have no filter. My youngest is also petite, always has been, and she eats like a bird. Drives me batty!!!!

• lipsis
    by lipsis
    August 30, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Mine too! 60.5 lbs. on her last annual. She's 10. And a dancer/gymnast. She does not eat like a grown man, though.

• strictmomhere
    I get how tall my kid is its annoying:)
  • Sj218
    by Sj218
    My boy is the same. 10 years old, 58 pounds as of this morning and 4'6". You can see his ribs and he has the muscle definition that grown men work out for. He eats a TON. But... He does multiple sports and I don't remember the last time he sat in front of the tv or video game without either being sick or falling asleep.

I even had to provide a food and activity log for his ped!
  • fullxbusymom

It is never an insult but you also can't be surprised when people are shocked.  P.S. I have a p'nut too and I would still be shocked if you told me that.  I have an 18mo old still wearing 6-9mo shorts and 9 mo shirts. The 9 mo old I watch is the same size as him.

Mom Confessions