Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
kysmama08
**EDIT** What exactly does a PTA mom look like....
August 28, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Because apparently I don't fit the description. My daughters first day of kindergarten is tomorrow and yesterday I was at the school dropping off papers. Well this really nice lady was talking to me and asked me if I would be joining the PTA, before I could even answer this snooty looking bitch of a lady looks at both of us and says "I don't think you really look like a PTA mom, we don't have your kind in our group". Wtf kind of shit is that?! I'm pretty sure everybody in the office had their mouths drop open. Yes I have tattoos and piercings and I was wearing a tank and shorts, so is that what she was referring to? So ladies what exactly does a PTA have to look like? Should I have worn slacks and a button down lol?! I also had my 6 week old dd with me and when she seen her she kind of stuck her nose up in the air and made a sound. I swear it took everything I had not to knock the bitch out lol. Anyone else ever been told they don't fit a certain description?

**EDIT** thanks for all the funny replies and some good advice! As for the few anon haters...it is what it is and I got a laugh out of your bullshit too!

Replies

• mommyof11050307
    August 28, 2013 at 2:35 PM
    No idea I don't join PTA. I vol with my kids class when they need me to.
  • Zanny
    by Zanny
    August 28, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Wow.  Just wow.  

Im sorry that happened to you. 

• LectioDivina
    August 28, 2013 at 2:38 PM

It's not a club they made up, it's a parent's association...

If you're a parent at that school you're in.

Run against them for president and do a hostile takeover.

• WheelerWife
    August 28, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Idk what a PTA mom looks like either, but here the PTA is pretty elitist too. I paid my fees and said I was interested in attending meetings but was informed those were only for the board (you know, pres., vice pres., etc.) and teachers. 

I always thought they WANTED parents in the PTA. There's even a drive for members with incentive for the kids whose class gets the most parents to join. 

Idk of I'll be "joining" this year. 

• Bellum
    by Bellum
    August 28, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Don't let that chick stop you from joining.  Not all of us are that judge mental.

• HumanBeing
    August 28, 2013 at 2:40 PM
    Don't dress like a tramp , lol JK!!!

I'm shocked someone told that to you but to be honest our PTA moms are very casual and have no tattoos or piercings that I know of be ause they dress conservatively.

I myself volunteer tons and when I do I typically dress conservative too.
  • HumanBeing
    August 28, 2013 at 2:40 PM
    That's weird. Our schools encourage parents to attend every meeting.

Quoting WheelerWife:

Idk what a PTA mom looks like either, but here the PTA is pretty elitist too. I paid my fees and said I was interested in attending meetings but was informed those were only for the board (you know, pres., vice pres., etc.) and teachers. 

I always thought they WANTED parents in the PTA. There's even a drive for members with incentive for the kids whose class gets the most parents to join. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    August 28, 2013 at 2:41 PM

What? Really? Sounds made up. Who actually says things like that?

• WheelerWife
    August 28, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I thought it was weird too, but the only meetings they want parents at are the election ones (where they re-elect themselves or switch jobs) and if there's a big change at the school. 

Otherwise they don't even tell parents when the meetings are. 

Quoting HumanBeing:

That's weird. Our schools encourage parents to attend every meeting.

Quoting WheelerWife:

• kysmama08
    August 28, 2013 at 2:43 PM
    Same. I never planned on joining just volunteering when I needed to

Quoting mommyof11050307:

No idea I don't join PTA. I vol with my kids class when they need me to.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts