Mom Confessions

Featured Posts
Anonymous
No I don't wake up in the morning with them, pack their lunch, or check that they are doing their homework/going to class
by Anonymous
August 27, 2013 at 7:13 PM

This is something I had to say over and over again to my sister. She thinks I am a shitty parent because my kids are responsible for getting up, going to school, doing the work etc. 

There comes a point when they need to do these things ON THEIR OWN! My kids are not babies...I have spent a lot of time raising them to be self-sufficient and responsible. Just because your kids are not capable of waking themselves up and studying like they should does not mean my kids are the same way! 

End vent! lol

Replies

• Alliemad_3
    August 27, 2013 at 7:14 PM
    I started being responsible for those things around 5-6th grade.
  • HumanBeing
    August 27, 2013 at 7:15 PM
    I like the morning time I spend with the kiddos.

They tell me what they dreamt, talk about what they want to do during the day etc...

But I think having self sufficient kids is awesome! They benefit from that tremendously.
  • jiffypop2207
    Even though we were responsible and self sufficient, my mom still got up with us and saw us off to school until i graduated high school. She didnt need to, but she still did anyways
  • myownparadise
    How old are your children?
  • TheDoctorsWife
    August 27, 2013 at 7:16 PM
    I think it's great you're raising them to be so responsible and independent.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous

My kid has been waking up and getting ready, packing her own lunch, and doing her own homework since 2nd grade.

• aphrodite7400

how old are your kids?

mine are in 3 and K, so i still do these things with them.  i look forward to them being more independent.

• littlecolton07
    August 27, 2013 at 7:17 PM
    What grade are they in?
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous

how old are they? my son is 9 he gets himself up and dress and makes his own breakfast, I get up just to make sure he makes it to the bus!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    They have their whole lives to be adults lol. I let mine be kids in these short years that they can.

Mom Confessions

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts